Check Out Our FINISH & FAST 5K Options!
Have you always wanted to run or walk a 5K but didn't know how to begin training? Maybe you are nervous or don't want to do it alone? Have you had a hard time sticking to a training program in the past? If you answered "Yes" to any (or all) of the above, our iconic beginner program is perfect for you. There is no time like the present to get up on your feet, start moving, and become a new and improved you! Training starts with 1 mile and builds up to 3 miles. In just 10 weeks our fun, unintimidating training program will take you across the late June finish line at the Fitzgerald Lager Run.
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! Our "FAST" training format will be offered for those who have completed a No Boundaries program or have some recent running experience. You will be encouraged to try to reduce your run/walk intervals or even challenge yourself to run the entire distance. No worries if you need to walk some - our goal is to help you go a little further and feel a little stronger each week.
We’ve built in a second coached training session per week for those choosing the "FAST" training format. In addition to Wednesday, 6:30pm training sessions that combine both FINISH & FAST programs, the "FAST" participants will also meet on Saturdays from 8am to 9am at Edgemont Park.
KICKOFF INFO MEETING FOR ALL NOBO Finish & Fast Participants
- Main branch of Montclair Public Library
- April 1st, 6:30pm
- Arrive by 6pm to experience Fleet Feet's FitID, our 3D foot scanning technology which helps us identify your proper fit.
- Fleet Feet & Montclair Public Library have collaborated to offer the community the Spring No Boundaries Training Program since 2008.
- April 1st, 6:30pm
5K FINISH & FAST COMBINED TRAINING DATES: New Dates!
- Wednesdays, April 15 - June 24, 6:30pm, Edgemont Park
- No practice session on Wednesday, June 3rd. Instead we encourage everyone to participate in The Big Urban Adventure Run as we celebrate Global Running Day!
5K FAST (ADDITIONAL DAY) TRAINING DATES
- Saturdays, April 18 - June 20, 8:00am, Edgemont Park
- Fitzgerald's Lager Run 5K, Glen Ridge, NJ, Sunday, June 28th @ 6:15pm (Race registration is not included in program registration)
- Written beginner training schedule
- Once a week coached group training sessions
- Exclusive shopping specials at Fleet Feet Sports, Montclair
- 10% discount on all in-store purchases throughout duration of program
- Seminars covering good form running, strength training, injury prevention and more
- Weekly informational e-mail updates and training information
- Dry run of race course prior to event
- Tech shirt
- End of program celebration