How Important is a Strong Core?
Core strength is the foundation for all your movement - whether you are novice or experienced runner. Overall core strength allows important muscle groups to work together in a cohesive way. A strong core can boost your speed, efficiency on uphills, help you avoid injury on downhills, strengthen endurance and improvement lateral movement on trail runs.
Fleet Feet's virtual seven-week program, educates runners on the importance of strength and control of the glute, abdominal and hip muscles that constitute the core. Participants will learn key exercises to engage the core that can be incorporated into their personal training and workout routines. Class will incorporate the use of resistance bands and functional movements to improve running efficiency.
This is a great compliment to any exercise program. Take the program as a stand-alone, or join one of our Fall Training Programs (No Boundaries Limitless or Fall Endurance) and receive Core Strength as a free add-on class.
- Mondays, September 14 - October 26, 7:00am
- First session - Monday, September 14th @ 7:00am
- 45-minute Zoom sessions: password protected zoom link will be forwarded to you once you register!
- Weekly guided sessions
- Modifications provided if needed
- 10% off all in-store Fleet Feet Montclair purchases throughout duration of training program
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Phone or computer!
- Resistance band
- Exercise mat
- Access to common household items such as a decorative pillow. (You'll be advised what you'll need ahead of scheduled class.)
- $50 (that's less than $8 / session)
- FREE if you register for a Fall Training Program (No Boundaries Limitless or Fall Endurance)