Whether you are training for your first endurance race or working toward a new PR, this 10-week program is for you! Training during the winter months is not for the faint of heart...Let us help you stay motivated by training with a large group of participants and enthusiastic, seasoned coaches! Get ready to be conditioned, educated and motivated to successfully cross the 13.1 finish line. Training will start with a distance of 3-4 miles and build up over the course of the program.
It's all in the name! This training program gears you up for the Montclair Bread Company's Baker's Dozen 13.1 in March 2019.
Program participants are guaranteed discounted race entry and will receive a special link midway through training for a reduced race fee of $90.
WORKOUT TIMES | LOCATIONS
- Past Training Date Example: January 13th thru March 20th
- Kick-Off / Info Meeting: early January TBA, at Fleet Feet Montclair
- Two Weekly Training Sessions
- Short Runs & Interval Training, Tuesdays, 6:30pm - at Fleet Feet
- Long Runs, Saturdays, 8:00am at Fleet Feet
- Written beginner and intermediate training schedules
- Coached group training sessions
- $10 Fleet Feet gift card
- Education seminars covering injury prevention, race preparation and more
- FREE CycleBar Montclair demo ride
- Special promotional CycleBar rates for participants
- Energy replacement and water at workouts
- Weekly information email updates and training information
- Weekly discussions on proper form, fueling, pacing, stretching much more
- Private Facebook page
- Course preview runs
- Race day support
SUGGESTED ACTIVITY LEVEL PRIOR TO START OF TRAINING
All participants should be consistently running four to five miles 3-4 days per week. Due to race restrictions/ course closures it is suggested that participants run a 14 minute mile pace or faster.
- Cost is $175
- Program fee does not include race registration
- No refunds after program start date