KEEP on KEEPING on!
Our 10K training program is a great “next step” from 5K & 8K distances. Whether you want to maintain your current fitness level, continually challenge your endurance, or develop a solid foundation in the hopes of training for a future half or full marathon, this is the training program for you!
For 9 weeks we’ll train twice a week through the winter months and burst into spring ready to take on the 10k distance. Training is geared towards runners and walkers who are comfortable with 3 miles, but are looking to take it up a notch. We'll progress gradually, with our goal race set on a local favorite, the Cherry Blossom 10k on Sunday, April 3, 2022, in Branch Brook Park.
Kick Off Info Meeting
- Wednesday, January 26, 7pm (We'll send participants a Zoom link.)
Workout Times and Locations
January 29 - March 30, 2022
- Saturdays: Starting January 29, 7:30am at Fleet Feet Montclair
- Wednesdays: Starting February 2, 6:30pm at Brookdale Park
- Suggested Level Prior to Start of Program
- Registrants should be comfortable running or run/walking 2-3 miles at least 2 to 3 times weekly.
FINAL SURGE APP! It's like having a coach in your pocket.
- Use your personalized training plan through the FREE Final Surge app
- Easily see your Training Plan in the Final Surge App (iOS and Android)
- Access to resources and educational video links
- Daily text and email workout reminders from coaches
- Weekly training plan includes speed & tempo workouts, cross-training, rest days, long runs to accommodate different fitness levels
- Weekly informational emails
- Training program swag
- Facebook Group
- 10% discount during training program
- Motivation, accountability and camaraderie of a group!
- Race Day Support
- $150 (does not include race registration)
- No refunds after program start date