Join us for a running tour of Winding Brook Park's brilliant display of holiday lights. Winding Brook Park's residents create beautiful light displays each year and take donations for area charities. Fleet Feet Mishawaka is looking to donate a total of $2000 this year. Fleet Feet will start the donations off with $1000 leaving the remaining $1000 up to our amazing running community. We are suggesting a minimum $5 donation per runner to help get us there.
Things all participants should consider:
- Register in advance and submit your donation online by 8:00 PM on Tuesday, December 13.
- Onsite registration will be available starting at 12:00 pm Tuesday, November 1st.
- We will be parking and having check-in at the Walt Disney Elementary School 4015 Filbert Rd, Mishawaka, IN 46545.
- Participants are required to check-in upon arrival. Participants will receive a safety light that they will be required to wear for the duration of the event at check-in for safety and visibility out on the route.
- All participants are expected to follow the traffic signs in order to tour all the houses on display. The traffic signs will have some sort of flashing light hanging on them to make them more noticeable.
- The run will end where it started to allow participants to cross safely at the traffic light back to their vehicles.
- Volunteers will be on the route to help guide you.
- The lights are pretty bright but be sure to bring a light source like a headlamp or knuckle lights to see any potholes or other dips in the road.
- Christmas Light necklaces and other festive wear are 100% encouraged! We get some great pictures with everyone all lit up.
- Strollers are welcome as long as kiddos stay in them.
- We chose a time that isn't as popular with cars, but they are still present. The vehicle traffic is one-way only if they follow the route. We will be running with traffic most of the time, but may also find ourselves running against traffic in some areas.
- Leave the dogs at home, it's too dark and chaotic for our furry friends.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home! This protects the rest of the participants and our awesome volunteers.