IT ALL BEGINS ON NOVEMBER 26, 2021.
DO IT IN THE RAIN. DO IT IN THE SNOW. DO IT IN THE COLD. DO IT TOGETHER.
WINTER WARRIORS IS BACK IN PERSON.
The season of gloomy days, colder weather and good, hearty meals is upon us. With that brings the hardest time of year to get out and do what we do: run.
Every year, the Winter Warriors season arrives, providing a fun way to stay active when the weather would otherwise keep us inside. This year, we are back as warriors together. We want running to be a practice that helps you overcome, stay mentally and physically healthy and connect you back to your community.
We're here to make it fun. Play the game with us: join Winter Warriors!
HOW IT WORKS
- Attend group runs (3 scheduled per week) and you'll earn POINTS
- Show up when it is raining, snowing or in cold weather and earn more POINTS
- The more POINTS you earn, the better your reward
- The one with the most POINTS wins!
- We track your POINTS through Fitvil and post standings at the end of the program
- If you haven't noticed, its all about the POINTS!
The Winter Warriors season ends Saturday, February 19, 2022, after which we will crown our overall Winter Warriors champions!
WHAT WINTER WARRIORS INCLUDES
- 12 weeks of point-eligible social runs and themed runs
- Kick-off run - our Annual Kickoff Run on November 26, 2021 at 9am at Fleet Feet Meridian
- Prizes include Winter Warrior T-shirts, Water Bottles, and Hoodies. Top tier point earners win a head-to-toe Brooks outfit, including shoes!
- Three weekly opportunities to run (rain or shine)
- Virtual challenges posted on Facebook. Join and follow our Meridian Facebook group for more fun opportunities to stay connected with the group!
A great group of people to hold you accountable
Please view our Winter Warrior Rules for all details.
WHO IT'S FOR
EVERYONE! Walkers AND runners, exercise beginners and exercise fiends. We really mean it when we say Winter Warriors is for everyone. The goal of the program is to give you incentives to keep moving, whether in darkness, rain, snow or cold weather. We want everyone to stay active this winter.
If you'd like a more structured program toward an end goal, consider joining our next session of Ignite! 5k training or one of our distance training groups.
- Tuesday Evenings - 5:30pm at Fleet Feet Meridian
- Thursday Mornings - 7:30am outside Royal Coffee at the Village
- Saturday Mornings - 9:00am at Fleet Feet Meridian
- Cost: $35
- Duration: November 26, 2021-February 19, 2022
- How do you qualify extra points based on weather?
Simply put, if it is raining, snowing or precipitating in any other way during the time in which your run starts, a bonus point is awarded. A bonus point is tallied on as well if the weather is 40 degrees or below at the time the watch starts. Both of these metrics however will be ultimately determined by the coach that is present (no negotating allowed!). With that being said, there is an opportunity earn a maximum of 3 points each run.
- What are your policies with COVID-19?
We will be paying attention to the size of these groups in line with local and state government regulations, and will pause in-person meet ups if the current regulations change or for any other circumstances related to COVID-19 arise. If you do join us regularly in person, we ask that you are masked whenever you are inside our stores, wash your hands frequently, do not attend if you are feeling ill, and be working to maintain six feet of distance between you and others in your small group.
- What will Facebook challenges look like?
While Points are not earned, there will be lots of fun and prizes along the way! Be sure to join our Facebook group to be kept in the loop.