The Reach The Beacon 10K (6.2 miles) training program is designed for runners looking to improve their running goals beyond a 5K.
All participants are suggested to have completed a 5K (training included) prior to the start of this program, and should expect longer runs from about 3-6 miles. The program will take place every Wednesday evening at 5:30pm from June 1st to August 3rd.
As part of the Reach The Beacon 10K training program, participants will receive the following:
- A Beach To Beacon Entry for the first 30 registered participants ($65 cost will be added to your registration)
- A 10 week training program and calendar with workouts provided to you.
- Dedicated support and individual attention from your Coach.
- One structured coaching session a week
- Informational clinics, shoe demos and fun runs!
- The camaraderie of others like you with the same goal!
Meet your Coaches:
Dan Frey, PT and Co-Owner of Finish Strong PT – Ran at University of Delaware
Dan has been running since the 3rd grade, competing at the Division I Level for the University of Delaware in both Cross Country and Indoor/Outdoor Track. He has raced in distances from the 400m run through Ultra-Marathons. He is a running enthusiast, lecturing at an international level, authoring “The Runner’s Guide to a Healthy Core” and is a multiple time contributor to Runner’s World Magazine.
Aaron Willingham, Coach at University of Southern Maine – Ran at University of Maine
Aaron is the head cross country and distance coach for USM. He went to Mt. Blue High School and ran at the University of Maine. Being a coach already, he know the joys of helping motivate people to be the runners they want to become.