Weather Cancellation Policy
Your safety is very important to us. There is a great deal of consideration in deciding to cancel group runs. We will cancel runs if any of the below conditions occur or are expected to occur at the time of the group run:
- Dangerous weather conditions such as blizzards, black ice, ice storms, hail and/or extremely poor visibility
- Extreme cold conditions - actual air temperature drops below 0 degrees and/or the wind-chill is -15 degrees Fahrenheit
- Summer: Heat index (temperature + humidity) becomes unsafe: 95 degrees or above
- Thunderstorm – lightning is present
- Tornados and/or high winds
- Any other dangerous weather conditions such as hail or poor visibility
Please note that it is ultimately you who decides to participate in group run functions and events - be sure you feel safe and comfortable with the weather conditions before participating. We do have the right to modify or change workouts depending on the weather conditions. We will not cancel if it is simply raining or snowing – you never know what it will be like on race day!
We use weather.com as our resource when making decisions regarding group run cancellations.
FUN RUNS: Group workout cancellation notices will be posted on The Fleet Feet Madison & Sun Prairie facebook page, yahoo group, and training program facebook groups. Please like our facebook page to get these updates or subscribe to the FF Training Yahoo group. Workout cancellations will often be a "game-time" decision or just before, so please check both leading up to the workout. You may also call the stores at 608-833-9999 (Madison) | 608-834-9999 (Sun Prairie).
TRAINING GROUPS: Training group workout cancellation notices will be posted:
- In the designated Facebook page or group (Force of Orange, No Boundaries, Fleet Feet Sports Madison & Sun Prairie Training)– this is the fastest and most efficient way to get the word out initially. The Fleet Feet Madison & Sun Prairie Training Facebook Group is private – so if you are involved in a training program – please be sure you request to join.
- Via email newsletter. These typically take 10-15 minutes to release so check the facebook group first.
You may also call the stores if it is an evening workout 608-833-9999 (Madison) | 608-834-9999 (Sun Prairie).
Training group cancellations will be made at least 45 minutes in advance of the group run.