No Boundaries 5K Training Summer 2015
Fleet Feet Sports and New Balance have partnered to create a nationally recognized, award winning 5K training program. The goal is to help you cross the finish line of a 5K race in 12 weeks, complete with a detailed training schedule, two coached workouts per week, programs for all levels of walkers and runners, educational seminars, and a great team of motivators. Running and walking for exercise is one of the best lifestyle choices you can make - let us help you get moving!
Whether you’re looking for a routine that fits into your daily life, or you just need a little more accountability to keep you motivated- this is the program or you. With different training plans for walking, interval running, and running there is a pace group for you. In addition, each group workout will include strengthening circuits and stretching to help build a stronger YOU! Choose a pace group when you register and we can always adjust it during the program.
Try it before you buy it! Test-Drive Saturday, Saturday May 16, 2015 @ 8am @ Fleet Feet Sports Madison. We’re so confident you’ll love the program (and find success while you’re at it!) that we will be hosting an event that gives you the opportunity to actually try a No Boundaries workout before the program begins! This morning is for anyone interested AND anyone who is already registered for the program.
Fleet Feet Sports Madison 7:15pm, May 20th
Fleet Feet Sports Sun Prairie 7:15pm, May 27th
This is the perfect way to get more information, ask questions, and meet the coaches and mentors. If you've completed No Boundaries before, invite your friends and let them in on the secret to a great summer!
TRAINING PROGRAM INFORMATION:
*Race entry is not included in the training program registration. If you are not able to participate in the Madison Mini-Marathon 5K, we can help you find another summer 5K
Program Kick-Off Party at Fleet Feet Madison: Wednesday, June 3, 2015 @ 7:15pm. This first meeting will be informational. We will run through safety concerns and requirements, program details, and discuss how we can help meet your training needs this season. This is also an excellent opportunity to introduce our coaching and mentoring staff. This will typically last 45 min – 1 hr.
First Group Workout: Saturday, June 6, 2015 @ 8am at Fleet Feet Sports Sun Prairie
Meeting Times & Locations:
We will have 2 separate meeting locations on Wednesday evenings (EAST and WEST locations), and meet together on Saturday mornings - alternating between Pheasant Branch and the Glacial Drumlin State Trail every other weekend.
No Boundaries WEST: Wednesdays @ 6pm: Fleet Feet Sports Madison (8440 Old Sauk Rd)
No Boundaries EAST: Wednesdays @ 6pm: Fleet Feet Sports Sun Prairie (2828 Prairie Lakes Drive)
No Boundaries EAST & WEST TOGETHER (We will alternate Saturday morning meeting locations every other week)
- Saturdays @ 8am: Pheasant Branch Conservancy Middleton, WI
- Saturday @ 8am: Glacial Drumlin State Trail (220 S Main St, Cottage Grove, WI 53527)
Early Bird Registration: $110 (through May 18)
Regular Registration: $125 (May 19 – June 1)
Late Registration: $140 (June 2 and after)
*No registrations will be accepted after Saturday, June 13.
*$5 of your registration fee will be donated to the Allied Running Club. There is also an option to donate additional funds when you register.
*Age Requirement for participation: 12 years old. Parents/Guardians are required to participate in the training program if registering a person that is of minority age (under 18 years old)
Post Race Party: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 @ 7:15pm
Other Highlights of the Training Program Include:
- A complete 12-week training program for walkers, run/walkers, and runners. Options based on goals and experience. No matter your pace, there is a place for you!
- Weekly program newsletters providing motivation, coaching, training tips and advice for your training.
- Strength and Core workouts built into your training plans
- Seminar series to prepare new runners/walkers with knowledge of Good Form Running, nutrition, injury prevention, massage therapy, & core strengthening
- 2x/week coached and supported group workouts
- Sampling of nutrition and hydration products
- Participant only coupons and discounts
- New Balance wear tests, promotions, and giveaways
- Attendance incentives
- No Boundaries team technical shirt earned half-way through the program
- Program party after the goal events
- Noticeably more energy, better mood, better sleep, less stress, and obvious progress in physical endurance
- A supportive environment for all abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!
RECOMMENDED FOR FIRST TIME NOBO’ERS
Coach’s One-on-One Appointment
If this is your first time participating in No Boundaries, we strongly recommend scheduling a one-on-one meeting with one of the program coaches to discuss your personal goals for the 2015 spring session and equipment needs prior to or at the start of program. Appointments will be available starting May 2015.
Questions about the program? email@example.com