Half & Full Marathon Training: Fall 2022
Join Fleet Feet over the course of 13 weeks to train for the Madison Half and Full Marathon on November 13, 2022. Receive instruction, guidance, support, and camaraderie throughout your training! All pace levels are welcome.
IMPORTANT PROGRAM DATES
- Program Duration:August 13, 2022 – November 13, 2022 (14 weeks)
- Meet and Greet Program Kick-Off:Saturday, August 13, 2022 9:00am Fleet Feet Madison (8440 Old Sauk Rd)
- First Group Run:Wednesday, August 17, 2022 @ 6:00 p.m.
- Registration Deadline: Friday, August 12, 2022
- Online Registration Closed
Madison Half and Full Marathon – November 13, 2022
*We can help you adjust or modify mileage if you are training for another fall half or full event!
TRAINING PROGRAM RATES
- Early Bird: $139 (until July 31, 2022)
- Regular Rate: $149 (August 1 – August 12)
- Late Registration: $159 (August 13 and after)
Registration Deadline: Friday, August 12, 2022
*Entry into Madison Marathon events is NOT included in your training program registration
MEET AND GREET PROGRAM KICK-OFF
Saturday, August 13, 2022 @ 9:00 a.m.
The kick-off meeting will be informational. We will cover safety concerns and requirements, training plans and program details, and discuss how we can help meet your needs this season. Feel free to join us for the Monday night 5K fun run @ 6:00 p.m. before the kick-off.
GROUP RUNS (2x/week)
- Wednesdays @ 6:00 p.m. | Saturdays @ 7:00 a.m.
Group meeting locations will vary between the Fleet Feet stores and popular Madison area parks and trails. Weekend meeting locations will rotate between west, central, and east areas of Madison.
*We will not meet as a group Labor Day weekend (Sept. 3)
Participants are also encouraged to participate in our free mid-week fun runs. Sign up for fun runs here.
- Fleet Feet 5K - Mondays @ 6:00 p.m. (3 miles)
- Pub Runs - Thursdays @ 6:00 p.m. (3-5 miles)
Base mileage recommendations are in place to help you stay healthy and injury free throughout the training season. Programming is designed to build on an existing fitness foundation. If you have any questions or concerns about these recommendations, please contact Megan (email@example.com)
- Half Marathon: We recommend you be able to run 3 miles, 2-3x/week prior to the start of half marathon training.
- Full Marathon: We recommend you be up to a 10 mile long run, and a weekly average of 20-25 miles/week.
Our programs are inclusive to a variety of paces and ability levels. Program participants typically range anywhere from 8:30 min/mile – 15 min/mile.
Age Requirements for participation:
Half Marathon: 16 years of age | Full Marathon: 18 years of age
- A complete 13-week training plan leading up the November Half or Full Marathons – training plan options based on goals and running experience
- Strength and core workouts built into your training plan
- Hill and performance focused workouts
- Weekly program emails with advice, training tips, route information, and motivation
- Expert coaching and guidance
- Organized and coached group workouts 2x/week – including portions of the race course
- Educational and interactive seminar series to supplement your training
- Sampling of nutrition and hydration products
- Pace group leaders on the Saturday long runs to help you stay on track
- Fleet Feet Running Club gear item
- Gear wear tests, promotions, and giveaways
- Fleet Feet coupon book
- Madison Marathon race entry discount
- A supportive environment for all athletic abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships.
*JOIN THE FLEET FEET PACING TEAM**
We are currently recruiting pacers for our half and full marathon programs! We are looking for pace leaders for the Saturday long runs throughout the length of the program. Pacers are assigned to run a designated pace +/-:15 minute mile for the duration of the long runs on Saturday mornings at 7:00 a.m. for the half and full marathon runners. We request that our pacers’ schedule allows them to pace at least 3 long runs over the course of the program.
If you have experience running various half marathons and/or marathons, enjoy motivating other runners, and can run with enthusiasm, dedication, and commitment please contact Megan
Program pacers receive complimentary training program entry (not including race entries), product compensation, pace team perks, and the priceless feeling of helping your fellow runners achieve their goals!
CONTACT AND QUESTIONS:
Email Megan Sweet:
Fleet Feet Madison: 608-833-9999 | Fleet Feet Sun Prairie: 608-834-9999