Half & Full Marathon Training: Fall 2021
Join Fleet Feet over the course of 13 weeks to train for the Madison Half and Full Marathon on November 14, 2021. Receive instruction, guidance, support, and camaraderie throughout your training! All pace levels are welcome.
IMPORTANT PROGRAM DATES
- Program Duration: August 16, 2021 – November 14, 2021 (13 weeks)
- Meet and Greet Program Kick-Off: Monday, August 16, 2021 @ 5:30 p.m. Fleet Feet Madison (8440 Old Sauk Rd)
- First Group Run: Wednesday, August 18, 2021 @ 6:00 p.m.
- Registration Deadline: Sunday, August 15, 2021
- Online Registration Open
Madison Half and Full Marathon – November 14, 2021
*We can help you adjust or modify mileage if you are training for another fall half or full event!
TRAINING PROGRAM RATES
- Early Bird: $129 (until August 1, 2021)
- Regular Rate: $139 (August 2 – August 15)
- Late Registration: $149 (August 16 and after)
Registration Deadline: Sunday, August 15, 2020
*Entry into Madison Marathon events is NOT included in your training program registration
MEET AND GREET PROGRAM KICK-OFF
Monday, August 16, 2021 @ 5:30 p.m.
The kick-off meeting will be informational. We will cover safety concerns and requirements, training plans and program details, and discuss how we can help meet your needs this season. Feel free to join us for the Monday night 5K fun run @ 6:00 p.m. following the kick-off.
GROUP RUNS (2x/week)
- Wednesdays @ 6:00 p.m. | Saturdays @ 7:00 a.m. & 7:15 a.m.
Saturday runs will follow a wave start organized by pace groups (pace assignments are subject to change).
- 7:00 a.m. (11:00 + min/mile) | 7:15 a.m. (10:30 min/mile and under)
Group meeting locations will vary between the Fleet Feet stores and Madison area parks and trails. Weekend meeting locations will rotate between west, central, and east areas of Madison.
*We will not meet as a group Labor Day weekend.
Participants are also encouraged to participate in our free mid-week fun runs. Sign up for fun runs here.
- Fleet Feet 5K - Mondays @ 6:00 p.m. (3 miles)
- Pub Runs - Thursdays @ 6:00 p.m. (3-5 miles)
Base mileage recommendations are in place to help you stay healthy and injury free throughout the training season. Programming is designed to build on an existing fitness foundation. If you have any questions or concerns about these recommendations, please contact Megan
- Half Marathon: We recommend you be able to run 3 miles, 2-3x/week prior to the start of half marathon training.
- Full Marathon: We recommend you be up to a 10 mile long run, and a weekly average of 20-25 miles/week.
Our programs are inclusive to a variety of paces and ability levels. Program participants generally range anywhere from 8:30 min/mile – 15 min/mile.
Age Requirements for participation:
Half Marathon: 16 years of age | Full Marathon: 18 years of age
- A complete 13-week training plan leading up the November Half or Full Marathons – training plan options based on goals and running experience
- Strength and core workouts built into your training plan
- Hill and performance focused workouts
- Weekly program emails with advice, training tips, route information, and motivation
- Expert coaching and guidance
- Organized and coached group workouts 2x/week – including portions of the race course
- Educational and interactive seminar series to supplement your training
- Sampling of nutrition and hydration products
- Pace group leaders on the Saturday long runs to help you stay on track
- Fleet Feet Running Club gear item
- Gear wear tests, promotions, and giveaways
- Fleet Feet coupon book
- A supportive environment for all athletic abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships.
CONTACT AND QUESTIONS:
Fleet Feet Madison: 608-833-9999 | Fleet Feet Sun Prairie: 608-834-9999
Become a Fleet Feet Pacer!
We are currently recruiting pacers for our fall half and full marathon training program.
We are looking for pace leaders for the Saturday long runs throughout the length of the 13 Week Program. Pacers are assigned to run a designated pace +/-:10 min/mile for the duration of the long runs on Saturday mornings at 7:00 a.m. If you have experience running various half and/or full marathons, enjoy motivating other runners, and are able to run with enthusiasm, dedication, and consistency please contact Megan. We are seeking pacers between 8:30 min/mile - 12:30 min/mile.
Program pacers receive free program entry (not including race entry), pace team perks, and the priceless feeling of helping your fellow runners achieve their goals! Pacers are required to attend a mandatory training session TBD before the training program begins.