Half & Full Marathon Training Fall 2017
Join Fleet Feet Sports & Nike Running over the course of 12 weeks to train for the Madison Half and Full Marathon on November 12, 2017. Receive instruction, guidance, support, and camaraderie throughout your training! All pace levels are welcome.
Important Program Dates:
- Goal Race: Madison Half & Full Marathon November 12, 2017
- Program Duration: August 23, 2017 – November 12, 2017 (12 weeks)
- Program Kick-Off: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 @ 7:15pm Fleet Feet Madison
- First Group Run: Saturday, August 26, 2017
Goal Race: Madison Half and Full Marathon on November 12, 2017* (we can help you adjust mileage if you are training for another fall event)
Program Kick-Off: Wednesday, August 23 @ 7:15pm at Fleet Feet Sports Madison. This first meeting will be informational (we will not be running this day). We will run through safety concerns and requirements, training plans and program details, and discuss how we can help meet your training needs this season.
- The first Group Run will take place on Saturday August 26 @7:00am.
Group Runs: Group meeting locations will vary around the Madison area. Weekend meeting locations will rotate between west, central, and east areas of Madison. Wednesday group runs will typically be centrally located in Madison.
- Wednesdays 6PM
- Saturday mornings 7AM – long run
- Participants are also encouraged to participate in our weekly Pub Runs on Thursday evenings at 6pm.
Training Program Registration: Online Registration Closed
Registration deadline: Monday, August 21, 2017
- Early Bird: $129 (until August 7, 2017)
- Regular Rate: $144 (August 8 – August 21)
- Late Registration: $159 (August 22 and after)
*$5 of your registration fee will be donated to our Allied Running Club
*Entry into the Madison Marathon Events is NOT included in your training program registration
Highlights of the Training Program include:
- A complete 12 week training plan leading up the November Half or Full Marathons – training plan options based on goals and running experience
- Strength and core workouts built into your training plan
- Hill workouts
- Includes days we do not meet
- Weekly program emails with advice, training tips, route information, and motivation
- Expert coaching and guidance
- Twice weekly group training runs – including portions of the race course
- Educational and interactive seminar series to supplement your training
- Sampling of nutrition and hydration products
- Pace group leaders on the Saturday long runs to help you stay on track
- Technical team shirt
- Participant only in-store discounts
- Vendor partner promotions and giveaways
- Discounted Race Entry into the Madison Fall Half and Full Marathon
- A supportive environment for all athletic abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!
Age Requirements for participation:
Half Marathon: 16 years* | Full Marathon: 18 years of age
*Parents/Guardians are required to participate in the training program if registering a person that is of minority age (under 18 years old)
TRAINING PLAN NOTES:
- FULL MARATHON: due to the duration of the program, participants wishing to train for the full marathon will need to be up to a long run of 10-12 miles by the start of the training. Register for the program by July 24, and receive a full 16 week program to help you build prior to the start of the first group run.
- HALF MARATHON TRAINING: we recommend you be able to comfortably run 3 miles 2-3x/week at the start of training.
We have these recommendations to ensure you stay healthy and injury free throughout the season and build on an existing foundation. If you have any questions or concerns about these recommendations please contact the Director of Training programs at email@example.com. Those coming off our Madison Mini-Marathon Training Program will be in an ideal position for either the half or full marathon program.