Fleet Feet Sports Destination Training 2017
We’re excited to announce the 2017 Destination Training Program trip to be the Austin Marathon and Half Marathon in Austin, TX on February 19, 2017. The Austin event is a multiple Award winning event including Top 10 Half Marathons in the World and One of 15 Bucket List Marathons in the US.
While it’s an absolute blast celebrating in a warm destination with your running friends at the end of 12 weeks, you are not required to travel in order to participate in the training program (but it is HIGHLY ENCOURAGED – just ask the 50 some people that made the trip in previous years)
Special thanks to our Vendor Sponsor Saucony for this training program!
Informational meetings will be held at Fleet Feet Sports Madison & Fleet Feet Sports Sun Prairie. You will receive additional information on registration, group events, hotel information and reservation, and any other questions you have regarding the trip or training program.
Info Meetings:Tues, Oct 25 – 7:15PM (FFS Madison) | Tues, Nov 1 – 7:15PM (FFS Sun Prairie)
The Austin Marathon Health & Fitness Expo will be held Friday and Saturday at The Austin Convention Center Hall 5. Participants must pick up their own packet.
- · Friday, February 17 1:00pm – 7:00pm
- · Saturday, February 18 10:00am – 5:00pm
Race Start: 7am (2nd and Congress)
Course time limits:
Half Marathon: 4 hours (approx. 18 min/mile pace)
Full Marathon: 7 hours (approx. 16 min/mile pace)
TRAINING PROGRAM: Online Registration Open
Early Bird Discount: $89 (until November 1, 2016)
Regular: $99 (November 2, 2016 – November 14, 2016)
Late Registration: $109 (November 15, 2016 and after)
*Entry into the race is NOT included in program registration
Training Program Registration Deadline: Monday, November 14, 2016
Kick-Off: Saturday, November 19 @ 8:30am – Fleet Feet Sports Madison
First Group Run: Saturday, December 3, 2016
*we will not meet as a group on Thanksgiving weekend (November 26) or Christmas Eve (December 24)
Program Duration: Saturday, November 19 – Sunday, February 19 (12 weeks)
All paid participants will receive their first group email by Monday, November 14. That email will include your training plan and other program details. All weekly emails will be sent on Monday afternoons and will supply all the information needed for that week.
Training Plans: You will have the option of 4 training plans.
- Half Marathon Completion Plan
- Half Marathon Performance Plan
- Full Marathon Completion Plan
- Full Marathon Performance Plan
Group Runs: Coached and supported group runs will take place on SATURDAY mornings at 8AM at varied locations around the Madison area. We encourage all participants to also take part in weekly fun runs for mid-week mileage. This will give you multiple options to get your runs in with a group mid-week (the key to success in winter running!).
- Wednesday night fun runs @ 6pm – meet at FFS Madison and FFS Sun Prairie
- Thursday night fun runs @ 6pm – rotating pubs around Madison – west and east locations
Other aspects of the Training Program include:
- Weekly emails providing motivation, coaching, and advice for your training
- A complete 12 week training program leading up to the Austin Half Marathon and Full Marathon
- Team Tech-Shirt
- Coached and supported group runs on Saturday mornings
- Fun Run options at both FFS Madison and FFS Sun Prairie to stay motivated mid-week
- Valuable Fleet Feet coupon book with discounts on such items as apparel, winter accessories, socks, yaktrax or stabilicers, and other winter running gear to help you train successfully
- Electrolyte and nutrition samples
- Vendor partner promotions and giveaways
- Group Travel Discounts and Organized Group Activities while in Austin
- Educational workshops to supplement your training
- Free and Discounted Registration into winter events from Race Day Events LLC: New Year’s Day Dash (50%), 1 Pinnacle Indoor Triathlon Entry (Free), Run Santa Run (50% Off).
- Motivation and camaraderie to get outside in the winter and RUN! (IT CAN BE DONE! – even in Wisconsin)
Travel Days: February 17, 2016 -Feb 20, 2017 (3 nights, Fly In: Friday, Fly Out: Monday). This is the time frame that was negotiated with the hotel for the group rate. If participants are interested in staying longer, or leaving earlier, you may do so subject to availability of rooms at the time the reservation is made. Rate is available for up to 2 days before the contract date and 2 days after the contract date.
Flights: Each participant is responsible for booking their own flight. You can fly into the Austin–Bergstrom International Airport (AUS).
Hotel: Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center: 500 N Interstate 35, Austin, Texas, 78701
We are a 10 min walk away from both the race start and Convention Center (packet pick-up/expo). It is at the heart of downtown, so there are several restaurants at our disposal. Sharing a room with other participants is a great option for those who are budget conscious. We can help make these connections as reservations are being made. Room options include either 2 queen beds, or 1 king. Check in time is 3pm. Check-out time is 12p.
Room Group Rates:
Standard King: $179/night + tax
Standard 2 Queen: $189 + tax (includes triple and quad)
Rooms are subject to state and local taxes (currently 15% taxes and 0.7% State Cost Recovery Fee).
HOTEL RESERVATION NOTES: We have a block of rooms on hold for our group. Once our block is full, all additional room reservations are subject to room availability at the hotel (although our group rate will still be honored if booked as part of the training program). This is a host hotel and is in a very desirable location in regards to the race. Once you are committed to the trip and know your travel dates, please turn in your hotel reservation forms to Megan Dolan @ Fleet Feet Sports Madison (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible. Rooms will be booked on a first come, first serve basis until our block is full. We will then book additional room reservations as needed based on room availability. Family and friends who are not training or racing are welcome to join you on the trip – however, they too will need to fill out a group hotel reservation form.
- If you wish to deviate from the negotiated nights listed above (Friday-Monday) it is to your advantage to turn in your room reservations in ASAP since extra nights are subject to room availability
- We will not accept hotel reservations for our group past December 3, 2016.
You are responsible for your own transportation from the airport to the hotel and vice versa. The best option is to split this cost with other participants with a taxi fare or other mode of transportation. Once everyone has made their flight arrangements, we will combine all the flight information to help you make these connections. The Austin airport is approximately 8 miles from the hotel.
There will be two organized group dinners while in Austin. One will take place early Saturday evening (Feb 18) and another Sunday night (Feb 19). You are responsible for finding your own meals for the remainder of your stay. Meal cost is not included in training program registration. There are plenty of meal options within walking distance of the hotel.
For more information contact:
Fleet Feet Sports Madison: 8440 Old Sauk Rd. Madison, WI 53562 | 608 833 9999
Director of Training Programs: Megan Dolan: email@example.com
**Special Thanks to Linda Rothberger from Rothberger Travel for her continued support of the Fleet Feet Sports Destination Training Program**