Force of Orange (FOO) 2020
Half and Full Marathon Training Program
Fleet Feet, Orange Shoe Personal Fitness, and Brooks Running are teaming up once again for our annual Force of Orange training program. Madison’s premier spring group running program! All levels of running experience are welcome! This program is tailored to helping participants train for the Run Madtown Half, Conquer the Capital 19.3 Challenge, and Green Bay Full Marathon. However, you are welcome to join us if you are preparing for another spring running event.
PROGRAM DURATION: March 1, 2020 – May 24, 2020 (12 weeks).
Kick-Off Party: February 29 @ 8:30am Fleet Feet Madison (8440 Old Sauk Rd)
First Group Run: Sunday, March 1, 2020 @ 7:00am
Registration Deadline: Monday, February 24, 2020 | Fitvil Online Registration Closed
**You can also use this program to train for the Lake Monona 20K, Great Midwest Ragnar Relay, and Syttende Mai! 10 or 20-mile race. In addition, several participants use this program to help them build for Grandma’s Marathon or other early summer races.
CONQUER THE CAPITAL 19.3 CHALLENGE
Looking for something to really test your running limits? Sign up for the Conquer the Capital 19.3 Challenge and run the Twilight 10K AND Run Madtown Half. To learn more about Conquer the Capital Challenge, click here.
TRAINING PROGRAM RATES*:
Early Bird: $139 (12/3 – 1/2) | Regular Rate: $149 (1/3 – 2/24) | Late Registration: $159 (2/25 and after)
*Training program fee does NOT include registration into the goal races or races built into the training plans
Races built into the FOO 2020 Training Plans – in addition to the goal races.
- Wednesdays – 6:00pm | Sundays – 7:00am
Weekend meeting locations will rotate between west, central, and east areas of Madison. Wednesday group runs will be centrally located in Madison except for days we have a seminar and/or event.
Other Highlights of the Training Program Include:
- A complete 12-week training plan leading up to the Run Madtown Half Marathon, Conquer the Capital, or Green Bay Marathon: options based on goals and running experience
- Strength and core workouts built into your training plans
- Expert coaching
- Weekly program emails with advice, training tips, and motivation
- 2x/week coached and supported group workouts
- Educational and interactive seminar series to supplement your training – including Good Form Running, nutrition, injury prevention, and more
- Sampling of nutrition and hydration products
- Participant only coupon book from Fleet Feet
- Brooks wear tests, promotions, and giveaways
- Pace group leaders on the Sunday runs to help you stay on track
- Optional speed specific workouts to help you become stronger and more efficient
- Discounted race entry into the Shamrock Shuffle 5K/10K, Parkinson's Half Marathon & 5K, Lake Monona 5K/20K, and the Run Madtown Events
- Team technical shirt
- A supportive environment for all athletic abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!
BASE MILEAGE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE FIRST WEEK OF FOO TRAINING:
These recommendations are in place to help you stay healthy and injury free throughout the season and build on an existing fitness foundation. If you have any questions or concerns about these recommendations, please contact Megan: Director of Training Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Half Marathon: 4 mile long run, 6 mile weekly average
- Full Marathon: 8-10 mile long run, 18 mile weekly average
All participants registered for FOO by February 1, 2020 will receive pre-program build-up schedules to work on individually to help prepare for the first group run on March 1, 2020. Due to the duration of the training program (12 weeks in total), those interested in the full training are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to register by February 1, 2020 in order to receive the pre-program schedule to build safely and properly for the first FOO group run.
For those registering after February 1, 2020, you will receive the pre-program build up schedules shortly after registration.
**GILDA’S CLUB MADISON – FOO 2020 CHARITY PARTNER**
$5 of every training program registration will be donated to Gilda’s Club Madison. You have the option to donate additional funds when you register. We will have a few Gilda’s Club fundraising “workouts” throughout the program. To learn more about Gilda’s Club, click here.
**JOIN THE FLEET FEET RUNNING CLUB PACING TEAM**
Become a Force of Orange Pacer!
We are currently recruiting pacers for our Force of Orange Training Program! We are looking for pace leaders for the Sunday long runs throughout the length of the 12 Week Program. Pacers are assigned to run a designated pace +/-:05 minute mile for the duration of the long runs on Sunday mornings at 7:00am for the half and full marathon runners. We request that our pacers’ schedule allows them to pace at least 3 long runs throughout the course of the program. Our fastest pacer is usually staffed at 9:00 min/mile.
If you have experience running various half marathons and/or marathons, enjoy motivating other runners, and can run with enthusiasm, dedication, and commitment please contact Megan at email@example.com.
Program pacers receive free program entry (not including race entries), product compensation, pace team perks, and the priceless feeling of helping your fellow runners achieve their goals!
Pacers are required to attend a 1-hour mandatory pacer training session in February (date TBD) before the training program begins.