Force of Orange Training 2018 (FOO)
10K, Half Marathon, and Full Marathon Training Program
Fleet Feet Sports and Orange Shoe Personal Fitness are teaming up once again for our annual Force of Orange training program! All levels of running experience are welcome! This program is tailored to helping participants train for the Run Madtown Events (half marathon and Twilight 10K), Conquer the Capital, and Green Bay Full Marathon. However, you are welcome to join us if you are preparing for another spring running event!
March 3, 2018 – May 27, 2018 (12 weeks)
Kick-Off Party: March 3 @ 8:30am Fleet Feet Sports Madison
First Group Runs: Half & Full Sunday, March 4, 2018 10K Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Registration Deadline: Monday, February 26, 2018 | 10K Fitvil Online Registration Closed | Half/Full Fitvil Online Registration Closed
- Twilight 10K (May 26, 2018)
- Run Madtown Half Marathon (May 27, 2018)
- Conquer the Capitol 19.3 Challenge (Twilight 10K and Half Marathon May 26 & 27, 2018)
- Cellcom Green Bay Half or Full Marathon (May 20, 2018)
- MADISON - CHICAGO RAGNAR RELAY: (MAY 18-19, 2018)
CONQUER THE CAPITAL 19.3 CHALLENGE
Looking for something to really test your running limits? Sign up for the Conquer the Capital 19.3 Challenge to run the Twilight 10K and Run Madtown Half Marathon. To learn more about Conquer the Capital Challenge, click here.
TRAINING PROGRAM RATES*: *Training program fee does NOT include registration into the goal races or races built into the training plans
10K Training: Early Bird: $129 (until Feb 1) | Regular Rate: $139 (Feb. 2 - Feb 26) | Late Registration: $149 (Feb 27 and after)
Half/Full Marathon Training: Early Bird: $139 (until Feb 1) |Regular Rate: $149 (Feb 2 – Feb 26) | Late Registration: $159 (Feb 27 and after)
**FITNATIC BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL**
Register for Force of Orange 2018 over Black Friday Weekend (November 24-26) and receive a special registration rate of $105 and $20 FITnatic bucks to use in either Fleet Feet Sports store over the course of the program (these will be given out at the FOO 2018 kick-off)
Races built into the FOO 2018 Training Plans – in addition to the goal races.
Wednesday – 6:15PM
Saturday: 7:30AM (10K)
Sunday – 7:30AM (Half Marathon & Full Marathon)
There will be separate coaches for the 10K and Half/Full Marathon programs.
Weekend meeting locations will rotate between west, central, and east areas of Madison. Wednesday group runs will be centrally located in Madison except for days we have a seminar and/or event.
Other Highlights of the Training Program Include:
- A complete 12 week training plan leading up to the Madtown 10K, Half Marathon, Conquer the Capital 19.3, Ragnar Relay Chicago to Madison or Green Bay Half or Full Marathon: options based on goals and running experience
- Strength and Core workouts built into your training plans
- Expert coaching
- Weekly program emails with advice, training tips, and motivation
- 2x/week coached and supported group workouts
- Educational and interactive seminar series to supplement your training – including Good Form Running, nutrition, injury prevention, and more
- Sampling of nutrition and hydration products
- Participant only coupon book from Fleet Feet Sports
- Vendor partner wear tests, promotions, and giveaways
- Pace group leaders on the Sunday runs to help you stay on track
- Optional speed specific workouts to help you become more efficient
- Discounted race entry into the Shamrock Shuffle 5K/10K, Lake Monona 5K/20K, and the Run Madtown Events
- Team technical shirt
- Program party after the goal events
- A supportive environment for all athletic abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!
BASE MILEAGE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE FIRST WEEK OF FOO TRAINING:
These recommendations are in place to help you stay healthy and injury free throughout the season and build on an existing fitness foundation. If you have any questions or concerns about these recommendations, please contact Megan: Director of Training Programs at email@example.com.
10K: 2 mile long run, 6 mile weekly average
Half Marathon: 4 mile long run, 6 mile weekly average
Full Marathon: 8-10 mile long run, 18 mile weekly average
All participants registered for FOO by February 1, 2018 will receive pre-program build-up schedules to work on individually to help prepare for the first group run on March 4, 2018. Due to the duration of the training program (12 weeks in total), those interested in the full training are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to register by February 1, 2017 in order to receive the pre-program schedule to build safely and properly for the first FOO group run.
For those registering after February 1, 2018, you will receive the pre-program build up schedules shortly after registration.
**GILDA’S CLUB MADISON – FOO 2018 CHARITY PARTNER**
$5 of every training program registration will be donated to Gilda’s Club Madison. You have the option to donate additional funds when you register. We will have a few Gilda’s Club fundraising “workouts” throughout the program. Learn more about Gilda’s Club,
**JOIN THE FLEET FEET SPORTS PACING TEAM**
Become a Force of Orange Pacer!
We are currently recruiting pacers for our Force of Orange Training Program!
We are looking for pace leaders for the Sunday long runs throughout the length of the 12 Week Program. Pacers are assigned to run a designated pace +/-:05 min/mile for the duration of the long runs on Sunday mornings at 7:30am for the half and full marathon runners.
If you have experience running various half marathons and/or marathons, enjoy motivating other runners, and can run with enthusiasm, dedication, and commitment please contact Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program pacers receive free program entry (not including race entries), product compensation, pace team perks, and the priceless feeling of helping your fellow runners achieve their goals!
Pacers are required to attend a 1 hour mandatory pacer training session on Saturday, February 17 @ 8:30am before the training program begins.