Summer 2018 5K/10K Training
Join Fleet Feet Sports to train for the Zoo Run in support of the Henry Vilas Zoo! Whether you want to train for your first 5K/10K or you are trying to improve your time, this is the program for you. All programs will provide challenging workouts whether you choose the completion or performance training plans.
We recommend you be able to run/walk for 20 minutes prior to the start of training. Both plans will have hills and intervals at some point in the training.
Wednesday and Thursday fun runs at Fleet Feet Sports Madison & Sun Prairie are encouraged, but optional.
Important Program Dates:
- Goal Race: Zoo Run 5K/10K @ Henry Vilas Zoo, September 30, 2018
- Program Duration: July 21, 2018 – September 30, 2018
- Program Kick-Off: Saturday July 21 at 9:00am
- First Group Run: Sunday, July 22, 2018 @ 7:30AM
Rates: Registration deadline: Monday, July 16, 2018: Fitvil Online Registration Open
- Early Bird Registration: $59 (until July 1, 2018)
- Regular Registration: $69 (July 2-July 16, 2018)
- Late Registration: $79 (July 17 and after)
*$5 of your registration will be donated to Allied Running Club
* Registration into the goal race is NOT included in your training program registration
Weekend meeting locations will rotate between west, central, and east areas of Madison. Wednesday and Thursday group fun runs at Fleet Feet Sports Madison & Sun Prairie are encouraged, but optional.
- Wednesdays 6PM – Fleet Feet Fun Runs (both Madison & Sun Prairie)
- Thursdays 6PM – Fleet Feet Pub Runs (both east and west meeting locations)
- Sundays 7:30AM
Highlights of the Training Plan Include:
- A complete 12 week training plan leading up to the Zoo Run
- Minute/time-based training plans (as opposed to mileage-based) organized to accommodate a variety of levels and fitness abilities
- Weekly program emails with route information, advice, training tips, and motivation
- Expert coaching and guidance
- Organized group workouts 1x/week with mapped and supported courses
- Educational clinics on running form, hydration, and more!
- Vendor partner promotions and giveaways
- Participant only coupon book
- A supportive environment for all athletic abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!