No Boundaries 5K/10K Training: Spring 2020
Discover the power of movement! In No Boundaries, you will find a community to cheer for you, challenge you, and help you reach your goals. Thank you to our vendor partner Hoka One One.
No Boundaries 5K: Learn to run, run/walk, or re-enter the sport. Training plans focus on incremental increases in run or walk time.
No Boundaries 10K: For those who have successfully completed a 5K and are ready to continue building their endurance. All levels of runners and run/walkers are welcome! Training plans focus on incremental mileage increases.
IMPORTANT PROGRAM DATES
Program Duration: March 15, 2020 – May 23, 2020
Kick-off Party: Sunday, March 15, 2020
First Group Run: Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 | Fitvil Online Registration Open
GOAL EVENTS Saturday May 23, 2020*
*Race entry is not included in the training program registration. If you are not able to participate in the Twilight Run we can help you find another event.
- Early Bird Registration: $109 (until Feb. 24) | Regular Registration: $119 (Feb. 25 to Mar. 10) | Late Registration: $129 (Mar. 11 and after)
*No registrations will be accepted after Wednesday, Mar. 25, 2020
*Age Requirement for participation: 12 years old. Parents/Guardians are required to participate in the training program if registering a person that is of minority age (under 18 years old).
Program Kick-Off Event: Sunday, March 15, 2020 at 8:30am at Fleet Feet Madison (8440 Old Sauk Rd). This first meeting will be informational. We will run through training program details and highlight the best gear for a successful training session. The kick-off is an excellent opportunity to introduce you to the coaches and mentors and will last approximately 45 – 60 minutes. We will NOT be running/walking this day.
Group Run/Walk Meeting Schedule: Wednesdays at 6:00pm and Saturdays at 8:00am. Our first group workout will take place on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 @ 6pm at either Fleet Feet location (Madison or Sun Prairie).
We will have two separate meeting locations on Wednesday evenings (EAST and WEST locations). We’ll meet as one large group on Saturday mornings.
- No Boundaries WEST: Wednesdays @ 6pm: Fleet Feet Madison (8440 Old Sauk Rd)
- No Boundaries EAST: Wednesdays @ 6pm: Fleet Feet Sun Prairie (2828 Prairie Lakes Drive)
- No Boundaries EAST & WEST TOGETHER: Saturdays @ 8am: We will rotate between Vilas Park (1501 Vilas Park Dr), Olin Park (1156 Olin-Turville Ct), and McDaniel Park (4806 McDaniel Ln).
Other Highlights of the Training Program Include:
- A complete 10-week training program for walkers, run/walkers, and runners. Options based on goals and experience. No matter your pace, there is a place for you!
- Weekly program newsletters providing motivation, coaching, training tips and advice for your training.
- Strength and core workouts
- Seminars to prepare new runners/walkers with knowledge of Good Form Running, injury prevention, foam rolling massage techniques, and strength.
- 2x/week coached and supported group workouts
- Discounted race entry into the Twilight 5K/10K, Lake Monona 5K, and Parkinson’s 5K
- Participant only coupons and discounts
- Hoka wear tests, promotions, and giveaways Attendance incentives
- No Boundaries gear item
- A supportive environment for all abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!
Suggested Activity Level Prior to Start of Training: No previous exercise experience is required. We recommend that you check with your doctor before starting a fitness program.
- All paces and abilities of walkers and runners welcome. You will not be left behind!