No Boundaries 5K Training – Spring 2018
A participant’s story: “Don’t let fear stand in your way!”
“I admit it…sometimes fear stands in my way of achieving things I’d like to accomplish. I’ve always wanted to learn to run – but egads – all those other “runners!” They sure look like they know what they’re doing! They’re running fast, smiling, wearing awesome shoes and dressed like professional athletes. How can I ever do that!? I shared my fears with a friend who thankfully told me to check out the No Boundaries 5K training program with Fleet Feet Madison/Sun Prairie. And I’m so glad I did!
No Boundaries was the perfect place for me. I don’t exactly have a “runner’s type physique” and I’m not fast. But I soon realized it doesn’t matter. We are all different and with No Boundaries it doesn’t matter what your size, goals or speed. (As a matter of fact, “speed” is a naughty word with the group!) The program’s coaches taught me proper running techniques and provided me with a full 12 week training program that I could complete. The program offers a non-judgmental atmosphere and the participants are one big happy, encouraging and motivating family! I have friends for life thanks to this program.
I have completed many 5K’s and even a 10K. And thanks to No Boundaries, I’m on my way to crushing more of my running goals…because…I’m a runner! Thank you No Boundaries. You changed my life!”
Join Fleet Feet Sports to walk or run your first 5K (that’s 3.1 miles!). This is not a "couch to 5K" program you find in the App Store. No Boundaries is an award-winning training program that is designed to motivate, educate, and inspire those to do something they previously thought was impossible - complete a 5K). We do this through our incredible coaches and mentors who have also been participants and know what it takes to be successful.
No Boundaries meets twice a week for group practices. The program is designed to prepare everyone to complete their first 5K or to help experienced participants meet new performance goals. Participants receive a detailed training program, educational seminars, speakers, weekly e-mail communication, and expert coaches who will help inspire and motivate you to reaching your goal.
Yes, you will finish a 5K, but we know the true accomplishment of No Boundaries is the commitment you will make to yourself – to live a healthier and more fit lifestyle. And that is something that will reward you for a lifetime!
5K Training Program – Learn to run, walk or re-enter the sport
Program Duration: March 3, 2018 – May 26, 2018
Registration Deadline: Wed, February 28, 2018
Program Start: Saturday March 3, 2018
Program Schedule: Wednesday’s at 6pm & Saturday’s at 8am
Goal Race*: Twilight 5K Saturday, May 26, 2018 *Race entry is not included in the training program registration. If you are not able to participate in the Spring Twilight 5K, we can help you find another spring 5K.
The training program from Fleet Feet Sports Madison & Sun Prairie only requires you to run or walk 3 times a week! You can commit to this training plan even with a busy schedule!
Training Program Registration*: Fitvil Online Registration Closed
- Early Bird Registration: $99 (until Feb 14) Regular Registration: $109 (Feb. 15 – Feb 28) Late Registration: $119 (March 1 and after) No registrations will be accepted after Saturday, March 17, 2018
* $5 of your registration fee will be donated to the Allied Running Club. There is also an option to donate additional funds when you register.
* Age Requirement for participation: 12 years old. Parents/Guardians are required to participate in the training program if registering a person that is of minority age (under 18 years old)
Program Kick-Off Party: Saturday, March 3, 2018. This first meeting will be informational. We will run through safety concerns, program details, and discuss tools to ensure you have a successful season. We will also go over proper form when running and walking. This is also an excellent opportunity to introduce you to our coaching and mentoring staff. The kick-off will typically last 45 min – 1 hr. We will NOT be running/walking this day.
First Group Workout: Wednesday, March 7 @ 6pm at either Fleet Feet Sports location.
Meeting Times & Locations: We will have 2 separate meeting locations on Wednesday evenings (EAST and WEST locations), and meet together on Saturday mornings at Vilas Park near the UW arboretum.
- No Boundaries WEST: Wednesdays @ 6pm: Fleet Feet Sports Madison (8440 Old Sauk Rd)
- No Boundaries EAST: Wednesdays @ 6pm: Fleet Feet Sports Sun Prairie (2828 Prairie Lakes Drive)
- No Boundaries EAST & WEST TOGETHER: Saturdays @ 8am: Vilas Park: 1602 Vilas Park Drive
Other Highlights of the Training Program Include:
- A complete 12-week training program for walkers, run/walkers, and runners. Options based on goals and experience. No matter your pace, there is a place for you!
- Weekly program newsletters providing motivation, coaching, training tips and advice for your training.
- Strength and Core circuits
- Seminar series to prepare new runners/walkers with knowledge of Good Form Running, injury prevention, massage, strength and nutrition.
- 2x/week coached and supported group workouts
- Sampling of nutrition and hydration products
- Discounted race entry into the Twilight 5K
- Participant only coupons and discounts
- Vendor sponsor wear tests, promotions, and giveaways
- Attendance incentives
- Team technical shirt
- A supportive environment for all abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!
Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org