No Boundaries 5K Training Fall 2017
Fleet Feet Sports has created a nationally recognized, award winning 5K training program. The goal is to help you cross the finish line of a 5K race in 12 weeks, complete with a detailed training schedule, two coached workouts per week, programs for all levels of walkers and runners, educational seminars, and a great team of motivators. Running and walking for exercise is one of the best lifestyle choices you can make - let us help you get moving!
Whether you’re looking for a routine that fits into your daily life, or you just need a little more accountability to keep you motivated- you’ve found it with No Boundaries. We provide different training plans for walking, interval running, and running so there is a group to fit your level. Each coached group workout will include some circuit training (with modifications as needed) and stretching to help you get stronger and prevent injuries. Choose walk, run/walk, or run when you register and we can always adjust it during the program.
The training program only requires you to run or walk 3x/week – 2x with us! You cancommit to this training plan even with a busy schedule!
Training Program Information
Info Session: Wed Aug 30 – Fleet Feet Sports Sun Prairie. Come into Fleet Feet at 7:15pm to have any of your fall training program questions answered before you register! A coach will be on site to go over training program logistics and information.
Program Duration: Sept 9 – December 2, 2017
Goal Race: Run, Santa, Run on December 2, 2017
Registration Deadline: Monday, Sept 4, 2017
*Race entry is not included in the training program registration. If you are not able to participate in Run, Santa, Run, we can help you find another 5K.
Training Program Registration*: Fitvil Online Registration Closed
- Early Bird Registration: $99 (until August 30)
- Regular Registration: $109 (August 31 – Sept 4)
- Late Registration: $119 (Sept 4 and after)
*No registrations will be accepted after Saturday, September 23, 2017
* $5 of your registration fee will be donated to the Allied Running Club. There is also an option to donate additional funds when you register.
* Age Requirement for participation: 12 years old. Parents/Guardians are required to participate in the training program if registering a person that is of minority age (under 18 years old)
Program Kick-Off Party: Saturday, September 9, 2017 at Fleet Feet Sun Prairie at 8:30am. This first meeting will be informational. We will run through safety concerns, program details, and discuss tools to ensure you have a successful season. We will also go over proper form when running and walking. This is also an excellent opportunity to introduce you to our coaching and mentoring staff. The kick-off will typically last 45 min – 1 hr. We will NOT be running/walking this day.
First Group Workout: Wednesday, September 13 @ 6pm at either Fleet Feet Sports location.
Meeting Times & Locations: We will have 2 separate meeting locations on Wednesday evenings (EAST and WEST locations), Saturdays @ 8am: Vilas Zoo parking lot at the corner of Vilas Park Drive and Orchard Hill.
- No Boundaries WEST: Wednesdays @ 6pm: Fleet Feet Sports Madison (8440 Old Sauk Rd)
- No Boundaries EAST: Wednesdays @ 6pm: Fleet Feet Sports Sun Prairie (2828 Prairie Lakes Drive)
- No Boundaries EAST & WEST TOGETHER: Saturdays @ 8am: Vilas Park: 1602 Vilas Park Drive
Other Highlights of the Training Program Include:
- A complete 12-week training program for walkers, run/walkers, and runners. Options based on goals and experience. No matter your pace, there is a place for you!
- Weekly program newsletters providing motivation, coaching, training tips and advice for your training.
- Strength and Core circuits
- Seminar series to prepare new runners/walkers with knowledge of Good Form Running, injury prevention, massage, strength and nutrition.
- 2x/week coached and supported group workouts
- Sampling of nutrition and hydration products
- Discounted race entry into Run, Santa, Run
- Participant only coupons and discounts
- Team technical shirt
- A supportive environment for all abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!