5K/10K Combined Training Summer 2017
Join Fleet Feet Sports to train for the Zoo Run in support of the Henry Vilas Zoo! Whether you want to train for your first 5K/10K or you are trying to improve your time, this is the program for you. All programs will provide challenging workouts whether you choose completion or performance.
We recommend you be able to run/walk for 20 minutes prior to the start of training. The Completion plan will consist of 7-18 miles per week and the Performance plan will consist of 10-25 miles per week.
- Both plans will have hill and interval workouts throughout the training.
- Wednesday and Thursday fun runs at Fleet Feet Sports Madison & Sun Prairie are encouraged, but optional.
Important Program Dates:
- Goal Race: Zoo Run Run 5K/10K @ Henry Vilas Zoo, September 24, 2017
- Program Duration: July 12, 2017 – September 24, 2017
- Program Kick-Off: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 @ 7:15pm Fleet Feet Sports Sun Prairie
- First Group Run: Saturday, July 15, 2017 @ 7:30AM
Rates: Registration deadline: Monday, July 10, 2017: Online Registration Open
- Early Bird Registration: $69 (until June 1)
- Regular Registration: $79 (June 2 – July 10)
- Late Registration: $89 (July 11 and after)
*$5 of your registration will be donated to Allied Running Club
* Registration into the goal race is NOT included in your training program registration
Weekend meeting locations will rotate between west, central, and east areas of Madison.
- Saturdays 7:30AM
Wednesday and Thursday group fun runs at Fleet Feet Sports Madison & Sun Prairie are encouraged, but optional.
- Wednesdays 6PM – Fleet Feet Fun Runs (both Madison & Sun Prairie)
- Thursdays 6PM – Fleet Feet Pub Runs (both east and west meeting locations)
Highlights of the Training Program Include:
- A complete 10 week training plan leading up to the Zoo Run – both completion and performance plans
- Mileage and minute based depending on your current fitness level and goals for the program
- Weekly program emails with route information, advice, training tips, and motivation
- Expert coaching and guidance
- Coached and supported group workouts 1x/week with mapped courses – Saturday’s 7:30am
- Educational seminar series to supplement your training – including such topics as good form running, hydration, self-massage, and injury prevention
- Team hat from Headsweats
- Participant only coupon book
- A supportive environment for all athletic abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!