5K Training - Summer 2021
Discover the power of movement! In No Boundaries, you will find a community to cheer for you, challenge you, and help you reach your goals! Whether you’re looking for a routine that fits into your daily life, or you just need a little more accountability to keep you motivated, this is the perfect beginner’s program or you. With different training plans for walking, run/walking, and running there is a pace group for you.
IMPORTANT PROGRAM DATES
· Goal Race: Madison Mini-Marathon 5K on July 24, 2021
· Program Duration: May 17, 2021 – July 24, 2021 (10 weeks)
· Registration Deadline: Friday, May 14, 2021
· Meet and Greet Program Kick-Off: Monday, May 17, 2021 @ 5:15 p.m. Fleet Feet Madison (8440 Old Sauk Rd) and Fleet Feet Sun Prairie (2828 Prairie Lakes Drive)
· First Group Run: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 @ 6:00 p.m.
REGISTRATION COST: $99 *Registration into the goal race is NOT included in your training program registration.
AGE REQUIREMENT 12+ years old. Parents/Guardians are required to participate in the training program if registering a person that is of minority age (under 18 years old).
PARTICIPATION CAP 75 athletes
MEET AND GREET PROGRAM KICK-OFF Monday, May 17 @ 5:15 p.m. This first meeting will be informational. We will run through training program details and highlight the best gear for a successful training session. The kick-off is an excellent opportunity to introduce you to the coaches and will last approximately 30-45 minutes.
GROUP RUNS AND WALKS (2X/WEEK) Meeting locations: Wednesday group runs will primarily meet at the Fleet Feet stores and Saturdays will meet at Vilas Park Beach.
· Wednesdays @ 6:00 p.m. – Fleet Feet Madison (8440 Old Sauk Rd) or Fleet Feet Sun Prairie (2828 Prairie Lakes Dr).
· Saturdays @ 7:30 a.m. - Vilas Park Beach (1501 Vilas Park Dr, Madison, WI 53715)
Participants are also welcome to participate in our free weekly fun runs. We specifically recommend the Monday night fun run for this group. All courses are out-and-back and can be adjusted to your prescribed time and/or mileage. Sign up required due to participation caps. More information on our free fun runs can be found on the Fleet Feet website.
· Fleet Feet 5K (3 mi) – Mondays @ 6:00 p.m.
RECOMMENDATIONS No previous exercise experience is required. We recommend that you check with your doctor before starting a fitness program. All paces and abilities of walkers and runners welcome. You will not be left behind!
· A complete and detailed 10 week training plan leading up to the Madison Mini-Marathon for walkers, run/walkers, and runners.
· Strength and core workouts.
· Weekly program emails with advice, training tips, and motivation
· Expert coaching and guidance
· Organized group workouts 2x/week
· Gear wear tests, promotions, and giveaways
· Sampling of hydration products
· Fleet Feet gear item
· Fleet Feet coupon book
· A supportive environment for all athletic abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!
CONTACT AND QUESTIONS:
Email Coach Jenna Bartlett
Fleet Feet Sun Prairie: 608-834-9999