Fleet Feet Sports Madison, Orange Shoe Personal Fitness and adidas running are teaming up once again to give you the best running program in Madison. All levels of running experience are welcome. We are excited to announce the return of full marathon training for FOO 2014!
Training Program Duration:
March 1 – May 25, 2014 (12 weeks)
Training Program Kick-Off on Saturday March 1st - 8:30AM @ Fleet Feet
First Group Run on Sunday, March 2nd
Training Program Rates:
Early Bird Rate: $119 (before Feb. 1)
Regular Rate: $139 (Feb 1 - Feb 24)
After Registration Deadline: $159 (after Feb 24)
Half & Full Marathon:
Early Bird Rate: $129 (before Feb 1)
Regular Rate: $149 (Feb 1 - Feb 24)
After Registration Deadline: $169 (after Feb 24)
*$5 of your registration fee is donated to Allied Running Club
*Training program fee does not include registration into the goal races or races built into the training plans
- Wednesday – 6PM
- Sunday – 8AM (10K & Half Marathon), 7AM (Full Marathon)
- Meeting locations will vary around the Madison area
Other Highlights of the Training Program Include:
- A complete 12 week training plan leading up to the spring Madison Events or Green Bay Marathon: options based on goals and running experience
- Weekly program emails with coaching, advice, training tips, and motivation
- 2x/week coached and supported group workouts
- Education seminar series to supplement your training – including nutrition, injury prevention, & mental preparation
- Sampling of nutrition and hydration products
- Pace group leaders on the Sunday runs to help you stay on track
- Optional speed specific workouts to help you become more efficient
- Team technical shirt
- A supportive environment for all athletic abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!
Base mileage recommendations for the first week of FOO Training:
These recommendations are in place to help you stay healthy and injury free throughout the season and build on an existing fitness foundation. If you have any questions or concerns about these recommendations, please contact Megan: Director of Training programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10K: 2 mile long run, 6 mile weekly average
Half Marathon: 4 mile long run, 6 mile weekly average
Full Marathon: 8 mile long run, 18 mile weekly average
All participants registered for FOO 2014 by February 3, 2014 will receive pre-program build-up schedules to work on individually to help prepare for the first group run on March 2, 2014.
For those registering after February 3, 2014, you will receive the pre-program build up schedules shortly after registration.
Due to the duration of the training program (12 weeks in total), those interested in the full training are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to register by February 3, 2014 in order to receive the pre-program schedule to build safely and properly for the first FOO group run.
JOIN THE FLEET FEET SPORTS PACING TEAM
Become a Force of Orange Pacer!
We are currently recruiting pacers for our Force of Orange Training Program!
We are looking for pace leaders for the Sunday long runs throughout the length of the 12 Week Program. Pacers are assigned to run a designated pace +/-:05 min/mile for the duration of the long runs on Sunday mornings at 8AM (10K/Half), 7AM (Full).
If you have experience running various half marathons and/or marathons, enjoy motivating other runners, and are able to run with enthusiasm, dedication, and commitment please contact Megan at email@example.com for an application.
Program pacers receive free program entry (not including race entries), product compensation, pace team perks, and the priceless feeling of helping your fellow runners achieve their goals! Pacers are required to attend a mandatory training session TBD before the training program begins.