The Louisville Distance Project (LDP) is the most comprehensive training program that Louisville has to offer! By partnering with local health and fitness professionals, product vendors, skillful coaches, LDP mentors, and local race organizers, our program provides an unparalleled training experience. Whether you're a seasoned marathoner or looking to run a race for the first time ever, these groups are designed to help meet your needs as you crush your goals! This community is open to runners and walkers of ALL paces. We will be training for the Kentucky Derby Festival Mini/Marathon taking place on Saturday, April 29, 2023 and/or the Flying Pig Marathon taking place on Saturday, May 7, 2023.
Training begins on Monday, January 9, 2023.
The cost of the program is $110. We hope you'll join us!
PROGRAM BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Weekly workouts with mapped courses
- One workout per week focused on building speed
- Weekly training newsletters and a private Facebook group for participants
- Vendor sponsored runs with discounts and giveaways
- Clinics with local health professionals, chiropractors, physical therapists, and dietitians (as available)
- Free technical training tee or tank
- Foam Rolling Workshop
- A discount card with 10-20% off of running necessities
- Immersion in a well-established running community, better over-all health, an improved sense of well being, and increased focus on your goals!
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF THIS GROUP IS RIGHT FOR YOU? You should be comfortable running at least a 3 mile distance to begin the half marathon program, and a 6 mile distance for the full marathon program. If you can run, run/walk, or walk one of those distances to start, then you can participate in this group.
Want to learn more? Stop by the store anytime or simply email Myrdin Thompson, Fleet Feet Louisville Training Program Director at email@example.com or Erin Getz, Fleet Feet Louisville Operating Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org.