The Louisville Distance Project is the most comprehensive training program that Louisville has to offer. By partnering with local health and fitness professionals, product vendors, skillful coaches, LDP Mentors, and local race organizers, our program provides an unparalleled training experience. Whether you're a seasoned half or full marathoner or looking to do either the Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon or Cincinnati's Flying Pig Marathon for the first time ever, these groups are designed to help meet your needs as you crush your goals! Spring training starts on Monday, January 10th at 6:00 PM. Thereafter, and for the duration of the 16 week training season, this group will meet every Monday and Wednesday at 6:00 PM as well as Saturdays at 8:00 AM. This group is open to runners and walkers of all paces. While this program is specifically designed to fully prepare you to run the Kentucky Derby Festival Mini & Full Marathon or Flying Pig, but we can make training schedule adjustments to accommodate different goal races.
NEW THIS SEASON, we've added Saturday TRAIL long runs for those interested in training for a spring trail half marathon, such as the Backside Trail Marathon.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF THIS GROUP IS RIGHT FOR YOU? You should be comfortable running at least a 3 mile distance to begin the half marathon program, and a 6 mile distance for the full marathon program. If you can run, run/walk, or walk one of those distances to start, then you can participate in this group. If you can't, don't worry! We also have 5k and 10k programs as well, which will take place later this spring.
PROGRAM BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Weekly workouts with mapped courses
- Experienced Coaches and Mentors to assist and guide you throughout the season
- Three group workouts per week and an accompanying training schedule for other days
- One off-site workout per week focused on building speed and Vo2Max
- Pace groups ranging from 7 minute miles to walkers, including multiple run/walk, interval groups
- Weekly training newsletters and a private Facebook community for participants
- Vendor sponsored runs with tons of discounts and giveaways
- Free clinics with local massage therapists, reflexoligists, chiropractors, physical therapists, personal trainers, and dietitians (as available)
- Free technical training tee
- Injury Prevention clinic with a certified instructor
- A discount card with 10-30% off of running necessities
So join us and become immersed in a well established running community, obtain better overall health, gain an improved sense of self-esteem and wellbeing, and increase your focus on your goals! Want to learn more? Stop by Fleet Feet Louisville or contact Myrdin Thompson at email@example.com.
Cost for program: $110