The Louisville Distance Project (LDP) s the most comprehensive training program that Louisville has to offer! By partnering with local health and fitness professionals, product vendors, skillful coaches, LDP mentors, and local race organizers, our program provides an unparalleled training experience. Whether you're a seasoned marathoner or looking to run a race for the first time ever, these groups are designed to help meet your needs as you crush your goals! This community is open to runners and walkers of ALL paces. We will be training for the Urban Bourbon Half Marathon on October 16th, 2021 and the Indianapolis Monumental Full Marathon taking place on November 6, 2021. In addition, we also are offering a trail program for those interested in completing a trail run for their goal race. Much of this program will overlap with our traditional road training experiences, but Saturday's will be dedicated to trail running where you can get out of the direct heat of the summer sun with lots of naturally provided shade. The trail program's goal race is the Rough Trail 25k at Red River Gorge on December 4, 2021. This race does have a relative amount of elevation, so many of your training runs will take place at Jefferson Memorial Forest (JMF). This program is also suitable for those planning virtual trail races of similar distances (ie. half marathons).
Fall training will begin on Monday, July 12th @ 6:30 PM.
The cost of the program is $110. We hope you'll join us!!!
PROGRAM BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Training designed for novice, intermediate, and advanced runners
- Weekly workouts with mapped courses
- One workout per week focused on building speed as applicable to your training cohort
- Weekly training newsletters and a private Facebook group for participants
- Vendor sponsored runs with discounts and giveaways
- Clinics with local health professionals, chiropractors, physical therapists, and dietitians (as COVID-19 guidelines permit)
- Free technical training tee or tank
- Foam Rolling Workshop with Results Physiotherapy and a Triggerpoint representative
- A discount card with 10-20% off of running necessities
- Immersion in a well-established running community, better overall health, an improved sense of well being, and increased focus on your goals!
Want to learn more? Stop by the store anytime or simply email Myrdin Thompson, Fleet Feet Louisville Training Program Director at email@example.com or Erin Bailey, Fleet Feet Louisville Operating Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org.