The 2018 Martha's Vineyard HALF Marathon Training Program, SPONSORED BY BROOKS RUNNING, is a 9 week program designed for runners who have previously run at least one 10k road race. Because this is an abbreviated program (designed for those who have recently completed 10k training), long runs begin with a 6 mile run and progress up to a maximum long run distance of 12 miles. The graduation race for this program is the 2018 Martha's Vineyard Half Marathon on 5/19/18.
Each week will feature two organized training workouts, including form lessons to help participants avoid injury and run more efficiently as well as strength training lessons specifically aimed for runners. Long runs will feature support stops, including water, an electrolyte beverage, and other goodies. All participants will receive a punch coupon (with TONS of savings!), weekly motivational and educational eNewsletters, a detailed daily training schedule, a technical shirt, graduation party and more!
All paces are welcome.
Where: Fleet Feet Sports Longmeadow
When: Thursdays @ 6:00 P.M. and Sundays @ 8:00 A.M.
How Much: $100
Why: Because you're worth it!!!
Training begins 3/22/18
$100 Registration Fee Includes:
- 9 week program
- Twice weekly coached workouts
- Group workouts on Thursdays @ 6:00 P.M. & Sundays @ 8:00 A.M.
- Run and run/walk options - ALL LEVELS ARE WELCOME! :)
- Weekly motivational and educational eNewsletters
- Special edition technical shirt
- Punch Coupon with TONS of savings!
- The best perks: accountability, camaraderie, and FUN!
Important Program Dates:
- Tuesday, 3/20/18 @ 6:00 PM - Info / Kick Off Night
- Thursday, 3/22/18 @ 6:00 PM - First Thursday Workout / FREE "Trial Run" (no obligation, see if the program is for you!)
- Sunday, 3/25/18 @ 8:00 AM - First Sunday Workout!