2019 New Jersey Half Marathon Training Program
The 2019 New Jersey Half Marathon Training Program is a 13 week program designed for ALL LEVELS of runners who have previously run at least one 10k road race (recommended, but not required). Long runs begin will begin with a 4 mile run and progress up to a maximum long run distance of 13 miles.
This year's program is especially unique in that we are featuring a "half marathon challenge". The New Jersey Half Marathon, which is on April 28th, also offers a 5k on April 27th. As a participant in our program, you will train to do BOTH the 5k on Saturday and the half marathon on Sunday. As a result, you will receive an additional "challenge medal" for doing both races!
Each week will feature THREE organized training workouts (Tuesdays @ 6PM, Saturdays @ 9AM, and Sundays @ 8AM), including form lessons to help participants avoid injury and increase their efficiency. Long runs will feature support stops, including water, an electrolyte beverage, and other goodies. All participants will receive a punch coupon (with TONS of savings!), weekly motivational and educational eNewsletters, a detailed daily training schedule, a technical shirt, graduation party and more! Whether it will be your 1st marathon or your 50th, this program is for you! All paces are welcome.
Where: Fleet Feet Longmeadow
When: Tuesdays @ 6:00 P.M., Saturdays @ 9:00 A.M., and Sundays @ 8:00 A.M. - Training begins 1/29/19
How Much: $150 (does not include graduation race registration)
Why: Because you're worth it!!!
$150 Registration Fee Includes:
- 13 week program
- three weekly group runs
- Fleet Feet Running Club membership
- “13.1” badge
- customized program technical shirt
- THE BEST support stops on long runs
- team support and encouragement
- educational clinics by our coaches and partners
- at least one Sunday post-run pancake breakfast
- weekly training eNewsletter
- special in-store discounts during program
- graduation party
- and more!
IMPORTANT PROGRAM DATES:
- Monday, 1/21/19 @ 6:00 PM - Kickoff / Packet Pickup Night (also an Information Night for those who want to know more before they sign up)
- Tuesday, 1/29/19 - First Tuesday Workout / FREE "Trial Run" (no obligation, see if the program is for you!)
- Saturday, 2/2/19 @ 6:00 PM - First Saturday 5k Workout
- Sunday, 2/3/19 @ 8:00 AM - First Sunday Long Run (starts with 4 miles)
- Saturday & Sunday, 4/27/19 & 4/28/19 - GRADUATION RACE WEEKEND: New Jersey Marathon & Half Marathon