Marathon Kids is Back!
Marathon Kids is a Summer program for kids that is designed to keep kids active and having fun! During our 6 week program, we meet once a week to play games, run, and learn why staying active is so important. Marathon Kids works for any kid, at any fitness level. Kids set their goals and track their progress on a journey to complete four marathons, or 104.8 miles, over the course of the running club season. They run or walk, a lap at a time, at a day at a time, and before they know it they’ve gone farther than they ever dreamed.
They learn how to fuel their bodies so they can run faster, better, longer. And for a little extra motivation, they earn fun Nike rewards at milestones along the way. They have a network of dedicated adults showing them how it’s done, and most importantly, a motivated and inspiring Coach supporting them every step of the way.
Research shows that kids need at least 60 minutes of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity (MVPA) per day. But only 1 in 5 kids currently reaches that minimum. We want to change that. Each week we meet for an hour and let kids be kids.
- First 15 minutes we learn about living healthy lifestyles, eating healthy food, and how to run!
- Let's warm up! Being a kid is all fun and games and stretching is a great way to start
- Together we run, walk, dance, or skip one mile.
- Let's play a game! Running doesn't have to be point A to point B. Sharks and minnows is a great way to run fast and have fun. Try and catch us now!
- Recap and hydrate! Having fun can be exhausting. Let's drink some water and talk about what we have learned!
- Hands In! We are a team and we're running this marathon together. Let's celebrate that accomplishment!
- First Marathon- 26.2 T-SHIRT
- Second Marathon- 52.4 BRACELET
- Third Marathon- 78.6 PATCH
- Fourth Marathon- 104.4 DOG TAG
Registration is closed for 2019. Please contact Eddie at email@example.com with any questions about our next session