All training program Kick-Offs are subject to change. Here's to staying positive and hoping we have some great training this summer!
TRI 101 is a beginner's triathlete program! This 12 week program is geared towards the new triathlete covering swim technique, cycling safety and gearing, run technique, transition, nutrition, injury prevention, stretching and more. It will be a complete training program developed by experienced and certified coaches to guide you to the goal of a sprint distance triathlon (400 meter pool swim, 7 mile bike, 3.1 mile run). Our goal race is the Huntsville Sprint Triathlon (date TBD). Best of all, this is a welcoming environment, where all paces, ages (16 and above), sizes and experience levels are welcome! YES YOU CAN!
Required Activity Prior to Start:
You must be able to walk 1 mile, ability to get across 1 length of a pool (25 yards) with no fear of putting your face in the water and have access to a bike several times a week. This is truly a program for beginners! You must be at least 16 years of age and understand traffic laws. Also, you must be a US citizen, due to training sessions that access Redstone Arsenal. It is imperative that you meet these minimum requirements!
Kickoff: May 11th, 7pm Fleet Feet (date and location could change)
Training Starts: May 18th 6pm
Weekly Training: Tuesday evenings 6PM and some Saturdays
Cost: $175 (excluding race fee)
Early Bird Sale: save $20 if you register by 1/1/21. Use code: Early21
Overall Program Benefits
- 12 week training plan
- Access to a ITCA or USAT Certified Coach for questions on your training plan
- Core, Strength Exercises & Stretch from a Certified Personal Trainer
- Race Day Simulation
- No athlete left behind policy!
- Access to Physical Therapists through Nesin Physical Therapy
- Education on training, proper form, transition, conditioning, fueling, injury prevention and more
- Weekly newsletter from your Coach with education, tips and motivation
- Meet new friends aiming for the same goal
- Private Facebook group to connect with coaches and participants
- Becoming a TRIATHLETE at the end!
- Group Swim Opportunities
- Certified Swim Coach / Lifeguard for support and instruction
- Coach feedback swimming questions
- Exclusive Bike Fit Clinic with Physical Therapist & Bike Shop Fitter
- Bike Gears Coaching
- Bike Flat Clinic
- Bike Fit discount with local and experienced bike shop
- Coaches at various cycling speeds
- Good Form Running Clinic
- Coaches at various run and interval paces
- Nutrition Clinic with a Certified Professional
- Transition Simulation & Coaching
- Training Shirt
- Water Bottle
- Swim Cap
- Exclusive Fleet Feet Discounts
- Exclusive Bike Fit Discount
- Register Here
- Registration: $175
- No refunds, no exchanges, and no transfers at any time
- Must be at least 16 years old & understand the rules of the road
- Must be a US citizen due to training rides on government property
- Training fee does not include race entry fee
- Bike: There are benefits to having a road bike or triathlon bike vs. mountain bike, but if you have a properly working & well-fitting bike in your garage, that is all you need! (bike not provided)
- Bike gear: Helmet that is free of defects and cracks is required. Reflective vest. Blinking light. Other bike accessories such as pump and flat tire kit.
- Run gear: If you have not been fitted for shoes, please visit Fleet Feet for a free fitting!
- Swim gear: Bathing suit and goggles. While visiting Fleet Feet, they can guide you on choosing the right pair of goggles to fit your face well. A swim cap will be provided at kick-off.
- Exercise mat: To help you become a more conditioned athlete, we will be doing some strengthening and core conditioning. (Not required.)
Goal Race Details:
- Huntsville Sprint Triathlon
- August 7, 2021
- Event Location: Huntsville Aquatic Center
- Team Rocket Tri Club Event: http://teamrockettri.org/
- Race Website: http://www.teamrockettri.org/huntsville-sprint-tri/