Run your way to your first half marathon or marathon finish or improve your current time by joining the Fleet Feet Huntsville 14 week long distance training program. The program is designed for intermediate runners that are looking to accomplish the half or full marathon distance or want to improve their half or full marathon performance. These sessions enhance the training by offering peer support and mentor coaching through endurance and speed workouts. This training program will help you to prepare for your marathon by providing motivation and coaching, speed work, endurance long runs, and more.
-Kick Off Date:Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 6 PM at Fleet Feet Huntsville
-Training Start Date: Saturday, September 9, 2023 at 6 AM Hays Farm at the Fleet Feet Fall Fitness Festival at Hays Farm
-Training Location and Times: Fleet Feet and surrounding areas on Tuesdays at 6am or 6pm and Saturdays at 6am.
-Goal Race: Rocket City Marathon on December 10, 2023
-Price: $200 - does not include race entry fee
Sign up early and save!
- Two coached training sessions each week (long run and speed work)
- Experienced coaches and mentors to support you along the way
- Training schedule for 14 weeks
- Personalized training intensities based on speed work times
- Education on proper form, pacing, fueling, stretching, and more
- Tech training shirt
- Exclusive Fleet Feet discounts
- Weekly newsletter from the coach with tips, advice, and motivation/encouragement
- Fleet Feet gift cards can be applied toward training program registration
- No refunds, no exchanges, and no transfers at any time.
- Must be at least 14 years of age
- Training fee does not include race entry fee.
Suggested Activity Level Prior to Start of Training for Half training:
-Run with a pace of 13 minutes per mile or faster
-Have raced a 10K within a year prior to goal race day
-Start the training program by being able to comfortably run 10-15 miles per week and a 5 mile long run.
-We do recommend that you check with your doctor before starting a fitness program.
Suggested Activity Level Prior to Start of Training for the marathon:
-Run/walk under a 12 minute per mile pace
-By the end of July, participants should be able to comfortably run 15-20 miles a week and a 6 mile long run.
-Due to the Rocket City Marathon cut-off time of 6 hours, training participants will have either completed a half marathon in 2:51:00 or a 10K in 1:16:00 within a year prior to registration.
-We do recommend that you check with your doctor before starting a fitness program
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org