HOW DOES YOUR BRA MEASURE UP?
- There are two essential pieces of equipment for women: 1. Sports Bras 2. Shoes;
- Women should be fit for a bra at least once a year;
- The average life span of a sports bra is 6-12 months; and
- Not all bras are created equal. There are three main categories of bras - compression, compression/encapsulated & complete encapsulation. Getting fit properly will help you to determine which type is best for you.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD SPORTS BRA?
A good sports bra provides superior breast support, comfort and moisture management. Consider the following information when shopping for your next running/walking bra:
- Does your bra minimize breast movement in one of two ways: 1) By compression - where the breasts are held against the chest wall to limit motion; or 2) By encapsulation - where the bra is engineered to surround and support the breasts
- Is your bra proportioned and contoured to minimize chafing - meaning the straps don't dig into your shoulders, the band around the lower chest doesn't shift or bind, and threads are soft and plush to minimize skin irritation?
- Is your bra made from materials that manage moisture allowing the bra to wick, breathe and act as a quick-drying product?
Fleet Feet Sports Hoboken is your Sports Bra Headquarters. We carry over 10 different styles of sports bras from leading vendors including Moving Comfort, Champion, Nike and UnderArmour in a range of sizes up to a 44DD. Our staff will assist you in finding the right bra and the right F.I.T. for your needs.