The Override Your Health Challenge is a 6-week virtual challenge comprised of six tasks – one task in each of the six health themes (nutrition, hydration, sleep, aerobic exercise, strength and mental health) – that participants should aim to complete every day.
It’s self-monitored and flexible because we know change is hard and life gets in the way. If you have an off day (or two!), you get a fresh start the next. The goal is to turn these challenges into habits you can continue for a lifetime.
Start Date: Saturday, September 9 with an in-person kick-off Wellness Fair (details below)
Length: 6 Weeks
Who Should Participate: Everyone - make it a multi-generation family challenge!
How do I Register? follow THIS LINK
The 6 Daily Challenges:
- HYDRATION: Drink ½ your body weight in ounces of water
- NUTRITION: “Fix One Meal” to make it healthier
- AEROBIC EXERCISE: Go for a 10 minute walk after one meal. (Bonus: 30+-min of Zone 2+ aerobic exercise, 3+ days/week)
- STRENGTH/BALANCE TRAINING: Do the Exercise of the Day
- SLEEP: 7-8 hours of sleep/night (if current sleep is <6 hours/night, aim for an extra 30min)
- SELF IMPROVEMENT/MINDFULLNESS: Read non-fiction (suggest Dr. Attia's Outlive), Meditate, Journal or Breathwork for 10min/day
More details, as well as strategies for success and a deeper dive into various topics like popular diets, recovery boosts, supplements, aerobic exercise zones, sleep tracking, etc will be provided through weekly e-newsletters and a private Facebook group where you can ask questions and share your tips too!
It’s time to live life to its fullest! Creating a healthier lifestyle can help you…
- Finish that bucket list race
- Play with your kids and grandkids more
- Take fewer meds
- Travel the world
- Thrive in retirement and live independently for as long as possible
Join us at our free Wellness Fair and Challenge Kick-off on Saturday, September 9. Details below!
FREE! Food! Fantastic Raffle Prizes!!
Location: Override North - 50 Tower Lane, Avon (just over Avon Mountain, near the new Whole Foods)
- Hydration Level/Total Body Water
- Grip Strength
- Aerobic Capacity
- Hip & Knee Health/Strength
- Gait/foot analysis
- Injury assessments
- Functional movement screen
- InBody Body Composition Scan