One of the best parts of being a small business owner is the opportunity to make a real difference in our community. But with over 250 organizations asking us for financial assistance each year, we have reached the point where the amount we could give each group was too small to really make a difference. While we appreciate and applaud each organization’s will to do good and benefit important causes and charities, we wanted to focus our dollars to make a bigger impact in our community.
In that light, we established a scholarship that allows an inner city Hartford student-runner the opportunity to go to college. “Run to a Better Future” is a $10,000/year scholarship that is renewable for 4-years because we want the recipient to be able to afford a full four years of college and not have to drop out after the first year due to financial reasons.
Click here to read about our current scholarship athlete Shameal Samuels.
Additionally, we choose to support the following events/organizations with which we are closely involved:
- Celebrate West Hartford 5k (June) – our hometown 5k!
- A Sporting Chance for Youth Run (June) – a free fun run just for kids at Riverside Park
- Winding Trails Triathlon Series (Summer) – a beginner-friendly tri series for all ages and abilities
- Little Manchester Road Race (Nov) – the Manchester Road Race’s little sister; a free fun run just for kids
- Manchester Road Race (Nov) – the epic Thanksgiving Day Road Race
- Hartford Marathon Foundation - Directors of over 40 local races including the ING Hartford Marathon and the Mitten Run in Blue Back Square
- Capital Preparatory High School Cross Country & Track Teams – support their team with shoes, uniforms and love. Click here to read more.
We are also happy to donate a $25 gift certificate to any organization’s fundraiser that supports an active lifestyle (i.e. a running or walking event, triathlon, school fundraiser to support the purchase of athletic equipment, etc). If you meet these requirements, please email your request, including the event name and beneficiary, to Steph at least 2 weeks before your event.