Squash & Cheddar Discs
Departing from my usual entree recipe, I’m excited to share this tasty side dish. The magazine called these “squachos”, but I’m not sure that’s a name I can get behind. Whatever you call them, cook them, they are both surprisingly simple and yummy. With the abundance of zucchini and squash this time of year, it’s an easy, cheesy vegetable dish to prepare.
Squash and Cheddar Discs
- Olive oil
- 1 lb yellow squash (or zucchini), cut into ¼ inch slices
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp Panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp chives, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler to high. Coat a foil lined baking sheet with olive oil. Arrange squash in a single layer and close together.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese and panko.
- Broil 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese melts and squash begins to brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt, pepper and chives.
Source: Cooking Light
Aubrey Schulz is a certified nutrition and triathlon coach with Get Out N Play. She works with clients to help them reach their nutritional and athletic goals, in the kitchen, out on the road and in the water! Plus she's knowledgeable about how essential oils can boost your wellness and fitness. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org