The first time I made these potatoes, I had to make them the following week because they were so good and I craved more. I loved the crispy edges and the soft centers. These will be served on our Easter table on Sunday, along with ham and asparagus. You’ll wonder where these potatoes have been all your life.
- 2 ½ lb Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Garlic powder
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Add potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 20-25 minutes, until tender. Then drain in a colander and cool for 10minutes or so.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. With the base of a glass, smash or press down on each potato until it’s mostly flattened. Drizzle each potato with about 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until crispy, golden and browned on the bottom. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Aubrey Schulz is a certified nutrition and triathlon coach with Get Out N Play. She works with clients to help them reach their nutritional and athletic goals, in the kitchen, out on the road and in the water! Plus she's knowledgeable about how essential oils can boost your wellness and fitness. You can reach her at email@example.com