EVERYTHING SPICED SHRIMP, BROCCOLI & POTATOES
I’m drawn to foods flavored with everything spices. That tasty combination of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, onion and garlic flakes and salt is so good. This meal with its combination of spices and flavored cream cheese reminds me of bagels in the morning. Don’t let the length of the directions, deter you from this recipe. It’s pretty easy and comes together in less than 40 minutes. A complete meal without any other parts to think about.
1 ¼ lb small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 6 oz (heaping ⅔ cup) chive-onion cream cheese
- 1 ¼ lb peeled large shrimp
- Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp everything seasoning, plus more for topping
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper
- Put potatoes in a large pot, cover with water by 2 inches and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 12-15 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook until bright green and lightly tender, about 2 more minutes. Reserve 3 Tbsp cooking water, then drain the potatoes and broccoli.
- Stir the cream cheese and reserved cooking water together in a large bowl until smooth. Add potatoes and broccoli and toss until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the shrimp with olive oil and everything seasoning in a bowl. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add the butter and let it melt. Add the shrimp in a single layer and cook, turning halfway through, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the chives into potato mixture (if using). Divide the potato mixture and shrimp among plates. Sprinkle with more everything seasoning and serve.
Source: Food Network Magazine
Aubrey Schulz is a certified nutrition and triathlon coach with Get Out N Play. She works with clients to help them reach their nutritional and athletic goals, in the kitchen, out on the road and in the water! Plus she's knowledgeable about how essential oils can boost your wellness and fitness. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org