ROASTED CARROTS WITH GORGONZOLA-WALNUT CRUMBLES
Perhaps you have company coming over for Easter dinner or looking for a way to liven up roasted vegetables, may I recommend these fancy carrots. The cheesy nutty topping elevates this dish beyond just roasted vegetables, which is a weekly staple in our home. By keeping them whole, the
carrots stay juicy (who knew?) and the hot oven concentrates their sweetness. To balance out the dish, savory bread crumbs provide a flavorful crunch.
- 2 lbs medium carrots
- Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp walnuts, finely chopped
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tsp parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Toss carrots with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and cover tightly with foil. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and roast carrots another 20 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat 3 Tbsp olive oil on medium high heat. Add the bread crumbs and walnuts and cook 3-4 minutes, until golden stirring constantly. Transfer to a bowl and cool completely. Stir in the Gorgonzola, lemon zest and parsley.
- Transfer the carrots to a platter and top with bread crumbs to serve.
Aubrey Schulz is a certified nutrition and triathlon coach with Get Out N Play. She works with clients to help them reach their nutritional and athletic goals, in the kitchen, out on the road and in the water! Plus she's knowledgeable about how essential oils can boost your wellness and fitness. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org