Mushroom Soup with Pesto
Somewhere I have a recipe for this wonderful mushroom soup. It was so thick and tasty, but finding the recommended dried mushrooms was a challenge, and expensive. This one is far simpler and less expensive. It comes together in 30 minutes, ideal for a weeknight. The soup is rich and full of flavor. To make it a meal, add shredded chicken, cubed tofu or shrimp. It would be tasty served with garlic bread.
Mushroom Soup with Pesto
- 16 oz button mushrooms, chopped
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup prepared pesto
- Sea salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and saute the onion for about 3 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and thyme and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and saute for about 3 minutes until they they begin to soften. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle flour over the mushroom mixture and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute. Whisk in half of the veggie stock and bring to a simmer, stirring while the soup thickens slightly. Add the rest of the broth and simmer about 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top each serving with 2 Tbsp pesto.
Source: unknown magazine clipping
Aubrey Schulz is a certified nutrition and triathlon coach with Get Out N Play. She works with clients to help them reach their nutritional and athletic goals, in the kitchen, out on the road and in the water! Read below for details about her training program for the Portsmouth Half Marathon in 2018. Plus she's knowledgeable about how essential oils can boost your wellness and fitness. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Portsmouth Half Marathon Group Training Program:
Join Aubrey for an opportunity to perform at your best in the Portsmouth Half Marathon in NH on April 22nd 2018. Get away from home, for a weekend, in a lively New England coastal city about 2 ½ hours away from Hartford. Get Out N Play is your host to prepare you for this memorable adventure. Training starts Saturday, January 6th 2018. (Want to stay local? The following weekend (on 4/29) is the Cheshire Half in Connecticut. Train with us for this flat and fast race close to home.)
What you get:
- A scenic 13.1 miles of racing in Portsmouth, NH
- Top notch 15 week coaching to make you race ready
- Support and camaraderie as you train through the New England winter
- A fitter, faster body for the 2018 season
- 2x a week of in-person group coaching in the Simsbury area (Wednesday evenings @ 6:30 PM & 8 AM Saturday mornings)
- Weekly communication with coach
- Group training at its finest
- Cost: $260
Contact Aubrey (email@example.com) for more information and to sign up!