This is a simple, one pot dish fabulous for a weeknight dinner. In less than 30 minutes, you combine a few veggies, lean protein and spices for a flavorful, low carb meal. It’s also a copycat recipe, which has to be so much tastier and healthier than the original restaurant version. I like setting out a tray of tender lettuce leaves and adding the Asian-influenced spiced chicken to the center.
- Olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 8 oz can water chestnuts, sliced, rinsed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5minutes. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, zucchini, onion, hoisin, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and Sriracha. Cook until onions are translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon the mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco style.
Adapted from: www.damndelicious.net
Aubrey Schulz is a certified nutrition and triathlon coach with Get Out N Play. She works with clients to help them reach their nutritional and athletic goals, in the kitchen, out on the road and in the water! Plus she's knowledgeable about how essential oils can boost your wellness and fitness. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org