Grilled Salmon Kebabs with Lemon
If your household is like mine, the grill gets used extensively in the summer. Kebabs are an easy, quick cooking meal. Until now, I hadn’t thought to grill salmon. We’d been missing out. A handy grilling hack; to keep the salmon from spinning each time you flip it, a pair of skewers is used. If you are fortunate enough to have fresh oregano from the garden, utilize it. The spice combo is a tasty combo of flavors, that pairs wonderfully with the lemon slices.
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ lb skinless wild salmon fillet, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 lemons, sliced very thinly into rounds
- Olive oil
- 16 bamboo skewers (soaked in water for an hour)
- At the grill, wipe the grates with olive oil and bring to a medium heat. Mix together oregano, sesame seeds, cumin, salt and red pepper flakes in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Beginning and ending with the salmon, thread salmon and folded lemon slices onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers, making 8 kebabs. Drizzle the fish lightly with oil and sprinkle with spice mixture.
- Grill the fish, turning occasionally, until opaque and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
Aubrey Schulz is a certified nutrition and triathlon coach with Get Out N Play. She works with clients to help them reach their nutritional and athletic goals, in the kitchen, out on the road and in the water! Plus she's knowledgeable about how essential oils can boost your wellness and fitness. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org