COCONUT MANGO COLESLAW
Typing this recipe, I feel a little guilty. It hardly seems like a recipe, just a bunch of stuff tossed together into a bowl. Isn't that what a typical weeknight meal consists of; an assortment of foods combined together to fill our bellies, with some thought of balanced nutrition and thoughtful blending of flavors? This tropical feeling salad is a perfect no-cook side and an excellent choice to bring to your next potluck or cookout.
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 14 oz bag coleslaw mix
- 1 mango, cut into match ticks
- 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Whisk the coconut milk with lime juice.
- Combine the coleslaw and mango together. Toss with the dressing.
- Add the peanuts just before serving. Season to taste.
Aubrey Schulz is a certified nutrition and triathlon coach with Get Out N Play. She works with clients to help them reach their nutritional and athletic goals, in the kitchen, out on the road and in the water! Read below for details about her training program for the Portsmouth Half Marathon in 2018. Plus she's knowledgeable about how essential oils can boost your wellness and fitness. You can reach her at email@example.com