Cilantro Lime Rice
Publishing this recipe, feels a little like I’m cheating. It’s just a few basic ingredients combined together. However I’ve served this to company twice in the last two weeks and each time someone has asked for the recipe, so I decided to share this with you; dear readers. I only measure the rice and water because the correct ratios are important. Otherwise ingredients are simply mixed together.
It’s such a yummy side dish. Next time I need to make a larger batch so I’ll have a bowl for lunch the next day. It’s so good with lemony shrimp & broccoli, chili, burrito bowls, and other Mexican dishes.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- Sea salt
- Handful of cilantro, chopped (~3 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Cook basmati rice according to the directions on the package. (Should only need about 12-15 minutes of cooking time). Remove from heat and keep covered for 5 minutes.
- While the rice cooks, combine sea salt, juice of 1 lime and cilantro to a serving bowl.
- Add coconut oil to the pan. Stir and add the rice to the cilantro lime mixture and serve warm.
Source: My friend Jodi
Aubrey Schulz is a certified nutrition and triathlon coach with Get Out N Play. She works with clients to help them reach their nutritional and athletic goals, in the kitchen, out on the road and in the water! Read below for details about her training program for the Portsmouth Half Marathon in 2018. Plus she's knowledgeable about how essential oils can boost your wellness and fitness. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Portsmouth Half Marathon Group Training Program:
Join Aubrey for an opportunity to perform at your best in the Portsmouth Half Marathon in NH on April 22nd 2018. Get away from home, for a weekend, in a lively New England coastal city about 2 ½ hours away from Hartford. Get Out N Play is your host to prepare you for this memorable adventure. Training starts Saturday, January 6th 2018. (Want to stay local? The following weekend (on 4/29) is the Cheshire Half in Connecticut. Train with us for this flat and fast race close to home.)
What you get:
- A scenic 13.1 miles of racing in Portsmouth, NH
- Top notch 15 week coaching to make you race ready
- Support and camaraderie as you train through the New England winter
- A fitter, faster body for the 2018 season
- 2x a week of in-person group coaching in the Simsbury area (Wednesday evenings @ 6:30 PM & 8 AM Saturday mornings)
- Weekly communication with coach
- Group training at its finest
- Cost: $260
Contact Aubrey (email@example.com) for more information and to sign up!