Chicken & Avocado Soup
Having quick, simple soup recipes is essential. Dinner is on the table quickly without a lot of complicated steps. The soup is in the pot for less than 30 minutes, yet it’s still full of flavor. This light, yet filling soup gets its creaminess from avocados. Since getting perfectly ripe avocados at the store can be challenging, I find it convenient to use frozen ones. Letting them thaw or microwaving them before blending is helpful.
Chicken and Avocado Soup
- Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 ripe or 8 oz frozen avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- Heat olive oil in a pot over moderate heat. Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the broth and the remaining 2 cups of water and 1 tsp salt. Bring to a simmer.
- In a blender combine garlic, avocados, lime juice, 1 ½ cup water, ½ tsp salt. Puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the chicken into the pot and cook until done, about 5-10 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked, add the avocado puree to the pot and heat through until warm, about 2 minutes.
Adapted slightly from: Quick from Scratch Soups & Salads
Aubrey Schulz is a certified nutrition and triathlon coach with Get Out N Play. She works with clients to help them reach their nutritional and athletic goals, in the kitchen, out on the road and in the water! Read below for details about her training program for the Portsmouth Half Marathon in 2018. Plus she's knowledgeable about how essential oils can boost your wellness and fitness. You can reach her at email@example.com