Instant Pot Beef & Artichockes
It’s no secret that I love using my Instant Pot. This weekend I invited a friend and her family over for dinner, in part so I could show her how it works; a little cooking demonstration while snacking on appetizers. It can be a little intimidating at first. I’ve heard people are scared of their cooktop pressure cookers. In my experience, once I found a good set of recipes or cookbook, I quickly got comfortable using this electric pressure cooker.
Speaking of good recipes, this one is good, easy and quick. Aside from chopping up the onion, it’s pretty much “a dump things in the pot” type of recipe. It’s a perfect weeknight meal to add to your repertoire if you have an Instant Pot. Be on the lookout for a deal during Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.
Instant Pot Beef & Artichokes
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 12 oz bag frozen artichokes hearts
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup mayo (Avocado Mayo or “regular” version)
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté function. Heat the cooking oil in the pot. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until lightly brown.
- Add ground beef and seasonings to the pot, breaking up the beef with a spoon as it cooks. Cook until lightly brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add artichokes and water to the pot. Seal the lid. Set the pressure to manual for 7 minutes. Use a quick release once the time is up.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Drain any water from the pot. Stir in vinegar and mayo. Serve.
Aubrey Schulz is a certified nutrition and triathlon coach with Get Out N Play. She works with clients to help them reach their nutritional and athletic goals, in the kitchen, out on the road and in the water! Plus she's knowledgeable about how essential oils can boost your wellness and fitness. You can reach her at email@example.com