Bagel Chex Mix
This time of year, I’ll head into the kitchen for some gift making. Gifts I’ve made in the past include; cookies, spiced nuts, body butter and spice blends. This chex mix would make a great hostess gift or make a double batch to keep it for yourself and serve at your next gathering. This addictive snack is a combination of crunchy, spicy, salty, and tangy goodness.
Bagel Chex Mix
- 2 bagels (preferably pumpernickel) sliced into small thin rounds
- 3 cups Chex mix (rice, wheat or corn variety)
- 1 cup broken breadsticks
- 1 cup broken pretzel sticks
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, cut into 1 inch wedges
- ¼ cup Worchester sauce
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Arrange bagel rounds on a large rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and bake until crisp 10-12 minutes. Transfer them to a large bowl and add cereal, bread sticks, and pretzel sticks. Leave the oven on.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan, combine butter, garlic and onion and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until the garlic is just turning brown on the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain the butter into a bowl (discard the solids). Whisk in Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and ground pepper.
- Add the butter mixture to the dry mixture, toss to evenly coat, pour onto a baking sheet and spread it out into a single layer. Bake until crisp, about 25 minutes, stirring once midway through the baking. Cool and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Makes 8 cups
Source: Cravings , Chrissy Teigen
Aubrey Schulz is a certified nutrition and triathlon coach with Get Out N Play. She works with clients to help them reach their nutritional and athletic goals, in the kitchen, out on the road and in the water! Plus she's knowledgeable about how essential oils can boost your wellness and fitness. You can reach her at email@example.com