Use Your Fitness for Good!
WE DID IT!! Thanks to everyone who helped!!
Peanut/Nut Butter Jars Collected: 1,084
We're excited to partner with Open Doors Outdoors, the Hometown Foundation, Waypoint Wealth Solutions, Viking Athletics and the GastroPark on a unique two-part fundraiser to raise money and collect jars of peanut/nut butter for the food pantry at Veterans Base Camp.
Why Peanut Butter? Because peanut butter is considered a superfood with seven grams of protein in one serving, 30 nutrients and phytonutrients. It's also a shelf-stable food source that kids and seniors can make for themselves without risk of cuts or burns.
PART 1 - Peanut/Nut Butter Jar Donation (February 14 - March 31)
The first part of the fundraiser aims to collect over 1,000 jars of peanut/nut butter between February 14 and March 31 (the day of the Burpee Challenge). Please select butters in plastic jars that haven't yet expired and bring them to one of our collection sites listed below. If you would like to captain a collection site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fleet Feet Hartford (West Hartford Center)
- Viking Athletics (West Hartford)
- Coldwell Banker Realty (West Hartford Center)
- Victus Coffee (West Hartford Center)
- GastroPark (West Hartford)
- WIP Fitness (West Hartford)
- The Edge Fitness (West Hartford)
- Ignite Fitness (West Hartford & Avon)
- CrossFit Override (Thomaston, CT) & Override North (Avon)
- Golden Goose CrossFit (Rocky Hill)
- Waypoint Wealth Solutions (Farmington)
- Roundtrip Clayworks (Farmington Arts Center)
- Crossfit Factory Square (Southington)
- CrossFit Topside (Newington)
- Mission Fitness (Glastonbury)
- Columbia CrossFit (Columbia)
- ResoluteFIT (Granby)
- Revolution Fitness (North Haven)
- iLoveKickboxing (North Haven)
- Resilliant Training Lab (North Haven)
- Orange Theory (Hamden)
- More to come...
PART 2 - BURPEE CHALLENGE (Friday, March 31 at 6:30pm)
The second part of our challenge involves a little sweat as participants have two hours to complete a Burpee Challenge based on the number of jars of peanut/nut butter collected during our drive:
- Individuals: 1 burpee for every 10 jars collected
- Teams of 2-3: 1 burpee for every 5 jars collected
- Teams of 4+: 1 burpee for each jar collected
Register HERE. Cost is $30 per person -- all proceeds will be donated to Homes for the Brave in support of their mission to help Connecticut’s Veterans experiencing homelessness to return to meaningful, productive lives (the peanut butter will be donated to the Veterans Basecamp Pantry). Participants receive get 5 raffle tickets for a chance to win some great prizes and post-burpee food and drink at the GastroPark.
Want to be a part of the fun, but don't want to do a lot of Burpees? No problem! You can still register and take advantage of all the perks.
Check out some of our incredible raffle prizes donated by our partners and other generous local businesses: