Given the uncertainity surrounding Covid-19, we are conducting all training programs for the fall of 2020 virtually. This way you can run when you can fit it into your schedule and do so safely.
The Streakers program, founded by Coach Jen in 2011, is great for the beginner or experienced runner alike seeking an individualized training experience in a group setting. The program has served nearly 600 runners since inception and has produced numerous Boston Marathon qualifiers and thousands of PRs. All distances from 5K through ultra marathon are welcome.
Virtual Streakers Greensboro (Personalized Intermediate to Advanced 10K through Ultra Training)
- A one-on-one phone consultation with Coach Jen
- A customized training plan that is tailored to your individual experience, current fitness, goals, and work/family schedule
- Three (one per month) group virtual zoom calls 5:15-6:00pm with Coach Jen (8/31, 10/5, 11/2)
- Training plan updates to accommodate any unforeseen changes (i.e. goal race, sickness, injury; etc.)
- Workout descriptions, individual target paces based on your training progress (you will upload your speed workouts and long runs onto a spreadsheet so Coach Jen can track this accordingly), and other pertinent training info emailed weekly
- Suggested routes, maps, and written directions emailed weekly for each run. Participants may plan to meet each other at their own discretion and under the rules set forth by Governor Cooper.
- Unlimited email communication with Coach Jen
- A Streaker-specific Facebook group for participants to post and communication with each other
- A Streaker-specific shirt
- A 15% storewide discount at Fleet Feet Greensboro & High Point
- Individual race goal setting and strategies
- Triad-area race discounts
- Culminating Greensboro training group celebration party 12/14
Target Races: Greensboro Half (11/21) Please note that even though we have target races, participants may target the race/distance of their choice, as again, this is a customized program.Most people will be focusing on shorter speed through these warmer months regardless, with some early foundation building again for your fall half marathon, marathon, and/or ultra, however as always the plan in tailored to YOUR goals.
"Coach Jen not only wrote my training plan but also helped me believe in myself. When Jen told me my paces for the Triad Ten Miler I told her that I’d try but that I thought it was too intense. Well, she was right, I was able to do it and I was even a few seconds faster! Sticking to Jen’s plan does pay off but it would have been much harder during this hot and humid summer if I would not have had my fellow Streakers and the prospect of freezer pops or dinner with a cold beverage after our workouts."
"Eighteen months ago, I was not a runner, I did not like running. I entered a 5K, with a goal of 36 min. I beat my goal and I was hooked on running. I am running my first Half Marathon next week. I attribute my success to hard work, an amazing group of people called STREAKERS, who were incredibly encouraging and supportive of my progress and Coach Jen Goff, who designed a plan for me to follow to continue to get stronger and faster. "
"Streakers is the best fit for any runner looking to improve at any level. As casual or intense as you make it. Tons of fun and supportive people, great coaching and race support. I think I'm getting faster and more focused after this season and look forward to more gains in the next. "
"If you are looking to get faster or stronger with your runs or just maybe want to run with others just as crazy as you are, then Streakers is for you. I went from running 6 miles @ 9:20 pace to my first half-marathon @ 8:20 pace after the first class, and I am on my way to my first full marathon with the second class."
"Let me just say that joining Streakers was one of the best decisions I have made. I have met some of my best friends, run my best times, gained so much confidence and have gotten the advice of an amazing coach whenever I need it! The plans Jen gives us are priceless. I love my Streaker family! "