5K races have become the most popular road racing distance. Completing the 3.1-mile distance is a great goal for novice runners and covering it with sustained speed is a challenge for more advanced runners. This program is designed for those who have completed 5K Finish or would like to imrpove their speed at the 5K distance.
Our 5K Fast Training Program is for runners who have made the transition from completing to competing and who have been following a structured training program for at least one year.
5K FAST GREENSBORO
Coach: Tara Frame
Program Dates: June 3 - August 24
Group Runs: Mondays & Wednesdays @ 6:00pm
NEW OPTION: Mondays & Wednesdays @ 6:00am
Training Location: Greensboro store unless otherwise specified
Please specify your preferred time in your registration
Fall session: September 9 - November 23 (Greensboro Half Marathon and 5K)
ALL 5K TRAINING PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE:
- A professionally designed, 10-12 week training program, including daily workouts.
- 2 weekly coached group workouts.
- An introduction to pace work and hill training.
- Weekly communications and support from our dedicated coaching staff.
- Seminars and clinics on topics such as injury prevention, nutrition, how to dress for the weather and cross-training.
- Affiliation with our extensive team of community partners, health professionals, and service providers.
- Race day support and post-program celebration.
- Discounts at Fleet Feet Sports during the training period.
- A technical training shirt.
- Unparalleled motivation and the camaraderie of fellow participants with the same training goal!
For more information about how to get started, contact our contact our 5K coach, Tara Frame at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In 2019, when you register for 3 programs throughout the year, you will receive this Fleet Feet Running Club Hoodie!