Half Marathon Training Program: Spring 2020
Our program will offer a 12-week session that is designed to prepare you for the April 5, 2020 Cal Classic Half-Marathon that starts and finishes at Chukchansi Park and runs through Chaffee Zoo.
Suggested Activity Level Prior To Start of Training:
Participants should have been doing some exercising recently, but the program encourages walk/run intervals for those doing their first half who have not been running a lot. Experienced runners who are looking for a fast time will also be challenged as there will be schedules for both advanced and beginner half-marathoners. The opportunity will be there for veteran runners to do some of their long runs with the full marathoners on some challenging hills.
You are strongly encouraged to consult with your physician and have a physical in preparation for this rigorous training program.
First day of training: Tuesday. January 14, 2020 at Fleet Feet Fresno Sports at 7PM
Training Group Times & Locations
- Twice a week coach-led group workouts:
- Tuesdays at 6PM at Fleet Feet or Clovis West track
- Saturdays at 7AM at Fleet Feet or other locations
- Variety of running locations include Woodward Park, Clovis Trails, Millerton area hills, and some optional races
- Structured and open-to-all Thursday runs at Fleet Feet
Training Group Levels
1) Beginner – First time half-marathoners using Run/Walk method
2) Advanced– Faster paced and longer runs for more experienced runners.
- Guaranteed Lowest Price for Cal Classic Half, Relay, and 5K April 5, 2020. DO NOT register for the Cal Classic at this time. You will receive information after the start of the season that will give you the lowest available registration rate.
- Written beginner, intermediate, and advanced daily training schedules developed by Fleet Feet Training Team Coordinator, John Volkman who has run over 156 marathons including one in every state and has coached distance runners for over 20 years.
- Twice a week coach-led trainings
- A team of experienced coaches to assist all levels of runners
- Past team members: Join again or refer a friend and receive $10 gift card from Fleet Feet. To receive the card, just ask Coach John for it at one of the first trainings.
- Exclusive discount shopping days
- Regular informational email updates
- Educational seminars and coaching on: running technique and strategy, running shoes and gear, nutrition and hydration, stretching, injury treatment/prevention, massage
- $145 for 12-week session, January 14, 2020-April 5, 2020
- Registration for training does not include race entry.
- There are no exchanges or transfers at any time.
- Please note, due to liability and safety concerns, we can not allow dogs or strollers at Fleet Feet Trainings.
- A maximum of 100 people will be allowed.
- You will want to plan to attend Kick-off, as this is where all specific training information will be explained out including training locations and times, clinic dates, and running rules of the road.
Call: Coach John @ (559) 367-1304 or Fleet Feet Fresno @ (559) 433-6750