Whether you have already found your way to the amazing trails in our community or you are looking for a new challenge/something to change up your old routine, we invite you to become a
As a member, we encourage you to get out on the paths of six area trails and explore. You will have the opportunity to earn stickers for each location that you can sport on a laptop or water bottle. A portion of your membership will also be allocated to Fox Cities Greenways; a local nonprofit dedicated to development and preservation of the trails and greenways all across our region.
It’s that simple!! There is no deadline, no required distance, no way to not have fun. The Buddy System IS strongly recommended.
Our goal is to continue to encourage folks to hit the trails and we’ll see where this program takes us. Your Muddy Fox perks are listed below.
Basic Member + Technical Shirt: SIGN UP NOW!
Basic Membership: SIGN UP NOW!
Perks for your Membership activation fee*:
- Muddy Fox SWAG: all members will receive an exclusive Muddy Fox trucker.
- You can also add a Saucony long-sleeve technical shirt for just $25 (a $55 value).
- A 20% OFF Nathan coupon, good on any in-store product.
- $10 of your membership will be donated to Fox Cities Greenways.
- Opportunity to earn 6 different stickers as you explore! And yes—we already have plans for a set of stickers you can earn next year too!
- EARLY BIRD BONUS: FREE 24oz Nathan water bottle when you join before December 15 (while supplies last).
Trails or Parks Where You Can Earn Stickers (in alpha order):
- Apple Creek Trail
- Buboltz Nature Preserve (NEW!)
- Fox Valley Tech
- Friendship Trail (NEW!)
- Heesakker Park
- High Cliff State Park
- Loop the Lake (NEW!)
- Mosquito Hill (NOTE: Currently Closed 3/26/21)
- Plamann Park (NEW!)
- Bruce B. Purdy Nature Preserve (NEW!)
- Terrell's Island (NOTE: Currently Closed 3/26/21)
- Wiowash Trail (NEW!)
How to Earn Your Location Stickers:
- Walk or run in each location identified below.
- Track your workout on a device or with a photo that identifes that location.
- Post your proof of workout to Facebook or Instagram and use hashtag #MuddyFoxMember
- Tag @FleetFeetFoxValley @Saucony and @NATHANSportsInc in your post/photo
- Stop into Fleet Feet Fox Valley during normal business hours and show a Sales Associate at the register.
- Do the Happy Trails dance and find a location to slap on your new sticker!
- Repeat steps 1 - 6 eleven more times!!
*There will be an option to renew your membership annually** for a nominal fee that includes a small material cost and makes an additional donation to Fox Cities Greenways.
**Benefits are subject to change as the program evolves over time.
MEET OUR AMBASSADORS
As you can see in the photo, Amber is right at home on the trails! She has been running trails for about 4 years, and has taken on various distances, including a few ultras! Why does she LOVE trails? And what is her favorite trail gear? She shares all the details below!
“I love when I'm out in nature, and feel like I can leave the world behind. My favorite (kind of trails) are technical trails, and running down hills like Phoebe from Friends! LOL I don't have a specific favorite trail, but love new adventures. Gear I never go out without is either Tifosi sunglasses or a hat, trail shoes and hydration!”
Why ultras? “I enjoy pushing my limits. But most of all enjoy the perspective. Life‘s problems seem small and easy after pushing yourself for 50+ miles in 12 hours.”
Favorite race? “My first ultra was Apple Creek 50K in 2018. I want to pick that one, but honestly, I love all ultra races. The atmosphere, the community, and all those beautifully nasty smells, along with the amazing smells of an aid station. What’s not to love? If you don’t know, volunteer for an aid station and you too will get hooked!”
Do you have some trail advice for someone? “Not every day is going to be a good day. Everyone has those days where you just don’t wanna go. It takes 30 minutes for you to just lace up your shoes. You got to stay focused and set an attainable goal: ‘I’m gonna go to the end of the road.’ Then go to the end of the road. Once you are there, set another goal: You can either go further, or maybe you just go home. Even if you went home, at least you went somewhere and tomorrow you can go further.”
What is your must have gear on the trail? "For every day running it would be my CEP socks. I have a lot of them, and I love them. On race day, it’s my salt tabs. It is a must have, or I will suffer after 20 miles.”